Trying to Get Pregnant

What should we name our cat?

kayway85kayway85 member
edited September 2014 in Trying to Get Pregnant
We adopted a cat. She needs a name. My son, who is 2, wants to name her 'Penny Monstertruck.' I'm partial to Mabel. And my husband thinks we should get a dog.

Please vote, or make a suggestion! Or tell me, what's the best/most clever pet name you've heard.

What should we name our cat? 99 votes

Penny Monstertruck
60% 60 votes
Mabel
15% 15 votes
Get a Dog
21% 21 votes
SS - suggestions please!
3% 3 votes

Re: What should we name our cat?

• I vote penny monster truck
  • In my defense my dog was named Rene the goat.
  • Loading the player...
  • Bee1112Bee1112 member
    edited September 2014
    I voted Penny Momstertruck because I like the name Penny.

You have to AW said cat. We need pictures yo!!

Me: 25 DH: 26
    Married 11/12/11
    BFP 12/17/11
    DS 8/29/12 via C-section
    TFAS 3/2014
    BFP #2 5/25/15 EDD 2/4/2016
    It's a BOY!
  • We need pictures! 

I would name kitty something that is significant to your family. We named our cat after a Harry Potter character because it means something to us. 

The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• Penny Monstertruck. Because that's pretty kickass.
    baby boy: 3.19.2014
  • kayway85kayway85 member
    edited September 2014
    pic fail
  • I normally would say to get a dog because I'm not a fan of cats, but the fact that your son picked out the name is just adorable. And I agree with PP, it's a kickass name!

• kariann12 said:
    kayway85 said:
    pic fail
    All right then.
    I just figured out the gif thing, guise!  Why can't I just copy and paste a picture??
  • I voted get a dog, because cats hate me and are evil.

That said, a good friend of mine named her cat Mabel from Mad About You. I like it.
    TTC #1: May 2014

My Chart
  • kayway85kayway85 member
    edited September 2014
    fuck it.

she's cute, ok?
  • I love Mabel Monstertruck. Its got a nice ring to it.
  • she's mostly Black/Tabby mix with white paws and a white bib. I think shes part Maine Coone as she's fluffy around the collar.

She looks surly all the time.
  • Seriously, go with Penny Monstertruck.  Call her Penny for short.  I named my childhood pets.  We had Hoppy Loppy and Furry Purry.  Our dog was Lady... my sister named her.  (from lady and the tramp)
    m/c April '08
    DD#1 born June '09
    DD#2 born April '11
    TTC #3 as of July '14

My Ovulation Chart
  • kariann12 said:
    What about Mrs. Moneypenny?
    She definitely has the swag to pull it off. 
  • I voted Penny Monstertruck because I see too many of the same names at the vet clinic where I work.

Two of my cats are named Happy and Birthday because I got them on my birthday.

I'm so creative.

• Love the name your LO came up with! Mabel Monstertruck is a good compromise if you don't like the name Penny. 

I'm not great at naming pets (all my names were vetoed). So my husband named him Remy after Remy Lebeau (Gambit from x-men). 
  • I am a dog person. 

The best cat name I ever heard was Chairman Meow.

However, Penny Monstertruck is pretty sweet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Patrick: born at home on January 14, 2014

• One of my friends recently adopted a kitten and named her Penny Dreadful. Since she's a little hellion at the moment, it seems especially appropriate. It also works well since my friend works with coins (like, for her day job). 

Long story short: Penny is a pretty cute name for a cat. I also like PP's suggestion of combining your ideas into Mabel Monstertruck. 
    No longer posting on The Bump due to the appalling misconduct of the staff and of its parent company, the XO Group. Four thousand  active, engaged members do not represent "a few bad apples" and we are not trolls.
  • kayway85 said:

We adopted a cat. She needs a name. My son, who is 2, wants to name her 'Penny Monstertruck.' I'm partial to Mabel. And my husband thinks we should get a dog.

Please vote, or make a suggestion! Or tell me, what's the best/most clever pet name you've heard.

Well you clearly already adopted a cat so I'm guessing your husband is out on getting a dog. Mabel is adorable but so is penny! My vote is to let your son "win " but maybe try to drop the whole monster truck part!
  • I like Penny, drop the Monster truck part, though
    Me:  31  DH:  35
    Married:  7/3/2006
    DS:  3/3/2007  (emergency c-section) 
    MMC:  10/5/2010  D&C:  10/8/2010
    DD:  9/22/2011  (scheduled c-section)
  • I vote penny monstertruck. But getting a dog also isn't a bad idea if That's what you both wanna do :)
  • @Trickyjedi‌ LOL yes I agree with you!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"