February 2015 Moms

Feel drunk taking Fioricet for headaches

And I'm FREAKING OUT. Litterally sitting here teary eyed. I trust my Midwife when she says it's safe but... I mean I legitimately feel like a had a couple margaritas. If my son wasn't awake I'd try to sleep it off, but I have to stay awake. Has anyone been prescribed Fioricet for headaches? Did it make you feel drunk too? Sorry ladies if I'm coming off silly. Just really not diggin this. Thanks in advance!

Re: Feel drunk taking Fioricet for headaches

• Never heard of it before !! But if it helps for the headaches and is safe I might be interested - suffer from horrible migraines
  • Cohensmommy16Cohensmommy16 member
    edited September 2014
    It definitely helps! I would go to sleep and wake up with a headache for a week at a time. It's a relief... just weird that I'm feeling drunk. @umveen‌
  • Loading the player...
  • You arent silly. It's safe. I take for my migraines while pregnant. It doesnt do anything like that to me but im used to taking vicodin, Drugs will affect people differently.
    -------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
  • Thanks for your response! That makes me feel better =)@HerHighness‌
  • Me too I take it for migraines - both neurologist and OB said it was safe. It doesn't make me feel drunk that I've noticed but it does help my headaches! I used to take sumitripan (sp?) pre-pregnancy - not safe now - THAT made me feel weird!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • That's so weird! I guess I'm just not used to taking medication. .. Idk @Cwd626‌
  • I'm glad you posted this, my doc just prescribed me this today for my headaches. Haven't filled it yet...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What I'm Looking Forward to After the Babies Arrive
    Bringing them both home...UPDATE...The girls are home!!! 1/7/15 after 20 days in the NICU!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I take it.  Spoke about it in a previous post.  There is really nothing to worry about.  Here is how is is formulated. Butalbital 50mg, Acetaminophen 325mg, and Caffeine 40mg.  As you can see it is mostly acetaminophen or Tylenol. The Butalbital is a barbituate which may be why you are feeling sleepy.  I've been on it now for about 7 weeks and have had no problems.  Check to see if you have the ones with caffeine.  It comes with or without. If you have the non-caffeinated maybe your doc can prescribe the other and it won't make you as sleepy. 
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-06/2014-EDD 02/16/2015
    Valentine boy born 02/14/2015
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks
    Surprise BFP-09/13/16 EDD 5/26/17

PitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Thanks for your input ladies! @PeaceofKia‌ it helps a lot!
  • I take it too. Nearly daily. Yesterday one pill didn't take care of it, so I ended up taking 3 over a 10 hour period. I don't ever feel drunk, but I certainly get vision problems and slightly dizzy. More vision problems than anything. Ugh. It sucks. :( Good luck!
    Me: 38     DH: 36
    Married: July 21, 2013
    TTC#1 (between us): June/July 2013

DX: MFI (low count and motility)
    Charting/OPK/CBFM July 2013-present
    1st RE Visit: January 2014
    Cycling: 
    March 2014- 75iu follistim + trigger + progesterone + IUI = BFN and OHSS
    (8 million post wash 47% motility, 18mm/17mm/16mm/16mm/14mm follies)
    April/May 2014- Benched due to cysts/enlarged ovaries
    June 2014- 50iu follistim + trigger + progesterone + IUI = BFP!!
    (10 million post wash 60% motility, 20mm/19mm follies)
    Beta 1- 85 Beta 2- 2,752 - EDD 2/27/2015

Everyone welcome. Strength in numbers!

• The trouble I'm having with it is that one doesn't always cut it. I really miss ibuprofen.
  • I take it a lot too for migraines. No weird side effects for me!
  • The trouble I'm having with it is that one doesn't always cut it. I really miss ibuprofen.

It only takes the edge off for most of mine. Team vicodin!
    DD born 10/12/2009
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
  • @HerHighness‌ is vicodin safe? If so, I may have to push my doc for that. I'm even adding more caffeine, and that's not working. Ugh. I do NOT remember headaches like this with my first two.
  • Just googled vicodin. Guess I'll just have to settle for a handful of the other stuff.

Jk.
  • @HerHighness‌ is vicodin safe? If so, I may have to push my doc for that. I'm even adding more caffeine, and that's not working. Ugh. I do NOT remember headaches like this with my first two.

Not for pregnancy, that is why I'm taking fioricet now.
    DD born 10/12/2009
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"