February 2015 Moms

Swollen hands and feet!

I have noticed for the past few days that my hands and feet are a bit swollen.  Lol, it is quite funny actually, I just didn't expect it to happen so soon (I am 20 weeks).

Has anyone else experienced the same?

Re: Swollen hands and feet!

• My hands are a little swollen in the morning.. but as of now it goes away throughout the day. I keep taking  my ring on and off to make sure it can still come off because they are NOT cutting it off of me! :-*

Pregnancy Ticker

January Siggy Challenge:

Being able to get out of bed on the first try

• Actually, I'd call your doc about this especially if the swelling doesn't go down after elevating your feet.  It could be nothing or an early symptom.  How is your BP?
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • my blood pressure is good, and usually on the low side.  I have an apt on Wednesday and will definitely run it by her! Just wondering if anyone is going through anything similar
  • My feet and ankles looked like water balloons this weekend. It went down overnight last night but they got big again at lunch today so I'm at home elevating on a pile of pillows. I'm only 18 weeks FTM so I was surprised as well! I have a call into my doc so I'll let you know what she says when I hear back. I also had good blood pressure at my appt last week. FX it's nothing to worry about! :)
    Favorite thing about FALL?  Cooler weather!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • my hands get a little swollen sometimes 
  • cloe111479cloe111479 member
    edited September 2014
    It has happened to me during two situations. 

1-- Walking a 5k.  (but it was also 90+ degrees and it has happened when not pregnant)

2 -- while sitting for a long period at work.  Like 2+ hours.  The moment i started to walk around it was gone. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Doc called me back and said what I figured: too much salt and not enough water. Guess I won't be having Chinese food for dinner! GL on getting some answers Wednesday.
    Favorite thing about FALL?  Cooler weather!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • That's happened to me too this week, mostly in the morning and evenings...just make sure your BP is ok because sudden puffiness can be a symptom of preeclampsia...I think your face swells up too though. We're all gonna blow up like balloons lol
  • With my DD I started swelling around 18 weeks in my hands and feet. I had to stop wearing my rings around that time too. My swelling got so bad at the end that you could press my foot and it would indent. Everytime I got checked everything was fine. Doctor just kept telling me to not stop drinking water. Definitely tell them when you see your doctor next but it is most likely nothing. Just drink water and cut down on sodium.
  • My feet were so swollen last week after my flight. I tried everything, and then finally what did the trick was heat. I microwaved one of those magic bean bags and stuck it on my feet and 10 minutes later they looked better, and felt way better.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"