Cloth Diapering

Flip Inserts vs. Trifolded Prefold in a tuckable cover

What do you guys prefer?  Right now I have 24 prefolds that I trifold and pretuck into tuckable covers for my nanny.  But they are size ones and eventually I'll need size 2's.  I'm tucking money away in paypal for it, just wondering if I might be better off investing in FLIP inserts instead.  I literally use my prefolds for nothing else at this point.  When she outgrows the size ones, I'm going to use those to make cloth trainers, but I will not need another dozen or so for anything else, so I don't know.  What are the pros and cons?
Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
<3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
Asher Benjamin  April 2010
Lola Aisling  May 2014

Re: Flip Inserts vs. Trifolded Prefold in a tuckable cover

• I like the Flip inserts because of trimmess/size in the diaper bag. I prefer prefolds/flats for all other reasons (prices, materials, functionality, easy washing, etc.)

My DC kept putting the Flip stay dry inserts in with MF touching baby. So I got rid of them. The old daytime organic cotton inserts (which I think now are the ON inserts) are nice, but pretty similar to a prefold and prefilds are cheaper and work just as well. I haven't try the new daytime cotton inserts.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• I use pad folded flats in mine. Cheap, one size and sooo easy to wash.
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Loading the player...
  • Guys I really need to break into flats, I even have some but I haven't used them.  I just have to bite the bullet
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • I'd choose the flip insert or FST.  My bleached prefolds are bumpy (?).  GMD.  Unbleached aren't.  I actually prefer BB inserts though. Cheaper than the flips and sized
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"