April 2014 Moms
Options

Smelly gas and EBF = unhealthy gut?

Help! My 5 month old has just started spreading out her BMs and her gas has become very smelly. I've read a couple things that say its normal and some others that say its something I'm eating indicating her gut is messed up.

Does anyone have experience with this? Something said that EBF babies can have days in between stools, but they're not supposed to. She doesn't seem upset or in pain. I'm just wondering if I'm missing something or if there something different I should be doing.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Smelly gas and EBF = unhealthy gut?

• Options
    Normal. I've noticed the gas getting worse as the poops spread out.

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Options
    Exactly the same situation here and he seems fine! Stinky, but fine ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ditto what everyone else has said. Her toots are brutal!
  • Options
    I say completely normal. And now that we have started solids I miss the weeks of DD going several days without pooping. The other day she pooped three times and some nights she is even back to pooping in the middle of the night.

• Options
    Thanks! Seems normal but freaking google freaked me out! @*sparky* Middle of the night poops?!? Noooooo!
    BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"