July 2012 Moms
Options

Naps in toddler bed help

How do you get lo to nap in their toddler bed. We switched Logan last week and the first night was hard but since he has been fine at night and just stays in bed till we get him up in the morning. Naps are another story. We put him in for a nap at 12:30 which is when he has been napping at home and school since 18 months and he won't stay in bed and plays in his room. He has been in his room playing for over an hour now. He is fine but I really need/want him to actually nap so he isn't a terror tonight and super mean to his sister. How do you get lo to nap? Tips? Please Tia!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Naps in toddler bed help

• Options
    LO has napped on a cot since she was @ 12 months. That what they used at DC so I got one at home. Honestly, I have to lay with her/read her stories until she falls asleep. It usually takes 10-30 minutes. Sometimes she will wake up from the nap, look around and go back to sleep but most of the time once shes up she is up playing in her room or wandering to the living room/my bedroom to find me. She has never been easy to put down for naps so I consider it a small win that she takes one. Maybe once the newness of the toddler bed wears off he will sleep? You could also remove toys like mrsplaydoh suggested to prevent him from just playing.
  • Options
    We have a pretty good routine. Lunch, potty, diaper, nap at noon. Sometimes he will play for a hour before he falls asleep, sometimes in the bed sometimes on the floor. As long as he gets some sleep im good.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"