Multiples

Acupuncture to flip breech twin A

Hi, Multiples board. I tried searching but couldn't quite find what I was looking for. Until a week ago Twin A had been head down and twin B transverse. Not twin A is breech. My OB doesn't seem to care what position twin B is in but won't attempt a vaginal delivery if twin A is breech so I have begun looking into options. (I'm ok with having a c-section if that's how things end up, just looking to avoid it if there is anything in my control. Mostly due to the extended recovery and hospital stay which would be a challenge for our family situation)

I am only 32 weeks so I know he/she has time to move, but I was curious if anyone had luck using acupuncture to flip a twin? I've spoken to a couple acupuncturists and they can't seem to find much info on using their techniques for twin pregnancies. Just curious if anyone had gone that path? 

Thank you!

Re: Acupuncture to flip breech twin A

• DoublePortionDoublePortion member
    edited September 2014
    A friend and I both did moxibustion to flip breech babies. Her's was a singleton. We both believe it helped/worked. I ended up with an emergency c/s anyway, but baby A was vertex at delivery after having been breech since early 2nd tri. Good luck!

ETA: If you can't find an acupuncturist to do moxibustion, you can totally do it at home. You'll just need to buy a moxi stick and have someone to hold it for you.
    https://www.pregnancy.com.au/birth-choices/breech-birth/moxibustion-for-breech-presentation.shtml

***signature & ticker warning***

Me: 30 ~ Stage IV Endo ~ AMH .38 ~ AFC 8
    AMH .97 as of 4/2012! ~ AMH 1.63 as of 4/2013!?!

Him: 29 ~ perfect swimmers

Laparotomy w/partial oophorectomy 8/2009 to remove cysts/endo.
    Stopped BCP 4/2010.
    Multiple clomid rounds from 11/2010 to 6/2011. ~ All BFN
    IUI w/clomid 7/2011. IUI w/clomid & injectables 11/2011 & 1/2012. ~ All BFN

IVF:EPP 5/2012 ~ (4R, 3M, 2F w/ICSI). Both embryos txfrd. ~ BFN
    BCP to manage endo from 10/2012 to 12/2012.
    FET w/donor embryos #1: 10/2013 Cancelled
    FET w/donor embryos #1.2: 11/2013
    ~ ET of 2 beautiful blasts on 11/27.
    Beta 1: 503(12dp5dt) Beta 2: 1035(14dpt) Beta 3: 3001(16dpt)
    Beta 4: 8503(19dpt)
    Twins with an EDD of 8/15/14! Team Purple
    G&B born 6/30/14 at 33w3d via emergency c/s.

If you're wondering about my avatar...it's a fried pickle chip shaped like a fetus!

• Thank you for the reply! 
  • Loading the player...
  • It didn't work for me. I did acupuncture, moxibustion, and webster technique chiropractor. But my baby A was BIG at 8 lb 6 oz so not too surprising - he was also engaged in my pelvis very early. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I went to a chiropractor to help my baby a flip and it was unsuccessful. She'd been breech for months, though. It is nice to know you tried everything. Good luck.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I did the Webster technique with my chiropractor and successfully turned my breech A

We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
    Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz

• Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I appreciate it!

• Acu and moxa have to be done during a window to be effective-too early and baby can go back to breach, too late and baby is too big to have enough room to turn.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"