January 2013 Moms
Options

Will your LOs trick or treat this year?

I feel like DD would really enjoy trick or treating this year, especially if we went with some of the "older" (3, 4 y/o) neighbor kids, but I don't want her to eat all the candy. My concern for taking her is that she will definitely latch on to this candy as "mine!" (even though she doesn't know what candy is) and I don't want to cause a meltdown when we could just avoid it. Are you taking your LOs this year, or waiting until they're older?

Re: Will your LOs trick or treat this year?

• Options
    We go "trick-or-treating" at a large strip mall that has a Halloween parade and many activities for the kids. It is geared toward kids of all ages and most places have options if pretzels and stickers. Of course there is some candy too. And (this part is still strange to me) around here, Halloween is "scheduled" on a weekend during designated times (always on the weekend). Many towns have it on different days and at different times, so it is not as crazy.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• Options
    Dd will go with ds, we'll probably just do our street then go home while dh and ds finish the neighborhood. I'll give her a couple pieces of candy and then it will disappear while ahe sleeps and she will never remember it exists.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We will take dd trick or treating to a few friends who live nearby. Maybe a house or two with her cousin too.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    DS isn't great with always holding our hand so I'm not sure he's quite ready yet. I think we will wait another year or two.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't really decided. We moved to a new house this year and I'm fairly confident that we won't get any visitors. I'm thinking just taking DS into town for the first 1/2 hour just because I know he'd love it. I actually don't think he'll really even think about the candy, will just love the walk.

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

• Options
    Our town does a little trick-or-treat down Main Street that we'll probably go to but we're planning on taking him to my ILs for actual Halloween. Our "neighborhood" is weird and is only one street. This is our first year here and I have no idea if anyone actually does anything.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Our compound does trick or treating and so DD will probably walk around while DH gives out candy at our townhouse.
  • Options
    My church does a trunk or treat that she'll go to. Haven't decided on regular trick or treating
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I think DS would get a kick out of ringing doorbells and collecting candy so we'll take him to DH's parents and maybe a few friends houses in our neighbourhood. I still can't bring myself to let him eat more than a piece or two of candy so it still may be a couple years before we go out for the mother-load.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We will take DD trick or treating this year, im sure she will love it. As far as the candy goes DH and I will help her with that part.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Our town does a trick or treat in the downtown but it is extremely congested and pretty much chaotic. So I don't think we are going to go that route this year. J is still not great at holding hands. However, he might do good in the stroller...so we'll see. 

On Trick or Treat night we'll take J to both Grandparent's house for sure and we've been invited by friends who have a 4, 2 year old going trick or treating....so we might go with them in the old neighborhood we used to live in. Luckily ours is from 5 to 7:30pm. So that is plenty early to go to a few doors. 

I'm hoping to just let him keep a few suckers, a few chocolate items. But we'll keep the rest away.

The Switch Witch is a great idea!!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    If I'm not in the hospital (DS2 is due Halloween), we'll be going to the grandparent's houses and the daycare lady's house.  Maybe a few more if DS1 seems into it.  For purely selfish reasons, I hope this baby is a little early because DS1 is going to be a giraffe, and I found a great newborn giraffe hat at our local children's boutique that I'm going to get if he comes before Halloween.
    Me: unexplained infertility - annovulatory DH: testicular cancer survivor!! TTC since June 2009 BFP May 11, 2012 EDD January 24, 2013 June 1, 2012 - first u/s, heartbeat 124 BPM!! June 22, 2012 - heard the heartbeat 9w1d 181 BPM!! 24 hours of labor, 4 1/2 hours of pushing, and IT'S A BOY! Welcome to the world my miracle, we prayed and prayed for you, and we can't believe you're here!
  • Options
    Heck yes we are going! I was actually trying to get DS to understand the concept of  trick or treating yesterday afternoon. He was starting to get that when he said it, I would put one of his toys into a bucket. We probably won't go for long or very far---and the candy will definitely be making a disappearance somewhere....maybe to my desk drawer at work. ;) after he eats a piece or two. 
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options
    We will do some houses in our neighborhood and then come home to pass out candy. She can have. Few pieces but my DH is really excited to eat her spoils!
    Our little Samosa arrives in January!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"