January 2015 Moms
Options

When is your baby shower?

Being due at the end of January puts the classic baby shower timing right in the middle of the holidays for us. Yuck! So for now I'm thinking to risk the possibility of an early delivery and schedule the shower for the first week of January (about 37 weeks). I'm also hoping to let people take advantage of post Christmas sales, avoid holiday traffic, and to see what my DH and I wind up with from our registry at Christmas.
Any thoughts? When is too late for a shower?

Re: When is your baby shower?

• Options
    I just found out that my shower is set for the 2nd week of NOV. Before all of the holidays. I prefer an earlier shower because it gives me time to have everything organized before the baby. It also gives me time to shop for the last minute things. I don't want to be running around the last weeks.
  • Options
    honeybeee3honeybeee3 member
    edited September 2014
    When I had my DS last year (also a January baby), I had my shower in the first week of January for similar reasons. I was about 37 weeks or so at that point. I was slightly nervous about it as well, but it ended up being great! Much more of my family was able to attend since it was after the holidays and I still felt like I had plenty of time to get ready for my son's arrival(he was born 2 weeks later).

Some people may hate the idea and feel like it's cutting it way too close, but I personally think it's fine. Idk maybe I just like to live dangerously?? Lol ;)

Pregnancy TickerimageBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm due 3rd week in jan so mine is planned for the week before thanksgiving. I want lots of time to get the things that we not given to me :) plus holidays are super busy for me since it's my first year being married for the holidays.
  • Options
    This is my first baby and I really want to be big for my baby shower. I chose the date Jan 10 (due Jan 30th). I was going to go with early December but I just don't want to deal with another party in the midst of the holidays... And personally, doing a shower before Thanksgiving is so early and is out of the question for me. I also agree with all of the benefits you listed for having a shower early January.

If I was due earlier in January, I would probably be thinking differently, but alas I am not.. :)

Since I didn't ramble enough, my last words will be: do what's best for your family & situation!
  • Options

For my DDs baby shower, we had it a month after she was born. That way my out of town guests could meet the baby. I am not having one this time since it's baby #2, but I think my hubby and I will have a sip and meet around a month after this LO is born. It is fairly common here to have showers after the baby is born.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"