Pregnant after 35

Tell me about your nursery :)

BeckyP005BeckyP005 member
edited September 2014 in Pregnant after 35
You would think after all these years I would have an idea!! I have no clue on what colors/bedding/theme I want. This all makes my head spin and I'm sure I'm making this a way bigger deal than needed.

What are your colors? Do you have a theme? I won't know if it's a boy/girl yet until A/S. I googeled Peter Rabbit nursery and wow..some of the rooms are adorable. I'm sure MH will not want to paint lol. If a boy he wants hockey room..Pittsburgh Penguins..I said no but then looked online and there are some cute hockey stuff and doesn't have to be all Penguin related.

If not a theme I would just pick some cute sheets/dust ruffle and throw some cute pictures on the walls and go from there. This is too hard for me!!!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
     image   imageimage

Re: Tell me about your nursery :)

• I was going to paint an oldish crib and just make the bedding. (Found some great ideas on Pinterest). But we ended up just throwing in the towel for now. Going to let baby sleep in the pack and play next to us for awhile and then go from there. She will be sharing a room with our youngest daughter when she gets a bit older, so she won't have much of a nursery anyhow. 
    But when I do get a crib I plan on making the colors Lavender, Gray and Teal. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg
  • edited September 2014
    Well... It's going to be a dedicated corner in our bonus room/office bc I don't want to sacrifice the only spare guest room we have left. Oh plus that room also serves as our DD's playroom right now. So it will be interesting. No theme, didn't do a theme with DD1 either, not into themes really. For K I kept most stuff in the pink/green/brown color palette. For this girl I'm going with pink and gray, have a gray crib skirt, pink and gray bumpers, pink sheets. I kind of like the idea of not putting any pressure on myself to have this picture perfect, elaborate nursery. I have some friends who are professional graphic designers, and knowing them cured any kind of artistic ambition I may have had... No way I could even attempt to reach that level so why stress... But that's just me.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am team green so far with all 4 kids so with DD#1 I did a bumble bee theme with the boring gender neutral colors of apple green and sunny yellow. To spice it up I used black and white gingham ribon glued between the two colors on the wall. The yellow is the main color and the green is a horizontal stripe above the changing table and a vertical stripe behind the crib. I took black toole fabric from Walmart and stapled it to the ceiling and covered the staples with black satin ribbon. To give it added support I hot glued little wooden stars I had painted black to the ceiling. It's held up surprisingly well since my oldest is almost 6.5! It sounds weird but looks so much better in person. Plus it was inexpensive to do.

I have always wanted a vintage airplane nursery for a little boy and an over the top girlie butterfly nursery for a girl but couldn't justify spending the money for subsequent kids. They've all been fine so far. Maybe I'll splurge since this one is my last but I doubt it!

GL @BeckyP005‌

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• edited September 2014
    @JilliansMoma‌ that sounds awesome ! Lol I did Noah's ark theme , thought it would be neutral enough, since base colors are teal and yellow! We do co sleeping in our room. So not really a nursery kinda like corner of our room. We are hoping to build on master down stairs and have kids a playroom... @BeckyP005‌ I almost did Peter rabbit ..thought it was sooo cute! To me it is neutral because it is a children's book!
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • We did dark grey walls and pink accents, no theme just girly. If we we were having a boy we would have done turquoise and orange accents.
    Baby #1 MC November 2007
    Baby #2 MC June 2008
    Baby #3 Born April 2009
    Baby #4 due date February 2015

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • DS has an airplane room. DH works in aerospace, so it was sort of a gimme. However, I had NO idea how nit-picky he would be with it. Not only is it airplanes, but it is only airplanes from the Wright brothers first plane through WW1. Nothing else. And every decor element which entered the room had to be inspected by DH to make sure it was modeled after an actual airplane. We tried to get design elements which could grow up with him. We found poster-sized blueprints on Etsy of various airplane models and framed them. I got some wooden book-ends which would look good in a baby room or an adult office, or anytime between.

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

• These are all great ideas!  We are just starting to think about / work on our nursery.  We are team green - so we are doing a very light base color (either very light grey or other neutral color) with accents in coral or teal - maybe doing some design on one wall or something.

I have found a rug I like that has hot air balloons - it is whimsical, colorful and can go for either a boy or girl.  We went to out to the Baby Furniture Warehouse yesterday, and shocking decided on a crib pretty much right away.  We both prefer the darker finish but the lighter finish may work better in the room so we still have to decide that.  We also found a glider, but have to decide on a fabric color.  We don't like the matching dresser with the crib so will look elsewhere.

In terms of other decor - I like those wall decals that you can apply.  So trying to decide if we should wait until the baby arrives and pick something or if we should just go ahead with something fun and gender neutral... we love elephants and penguins and frogs (random combination, I know!)... so maybe something like that.  Or perhaps it would be better to carry the hot air balloon theme from the rug with some decals and cloud decals.  

So basically we are still up in the air a bit but realize we have to start making some decisions since I am sure the next 17 weeks will go by quickly!
    ***signature/ticker warning***
    Me:37 DH:39
    TTC#1 since 3/2012

Diagnosis : Unexplained Infertility

3 BFN rounds Clomid + IUI
    IVF 1 - BFN, 1 Frozen
    IVF 2 - BFN, 5 Frozen
    FET 1 - BFP!!! EDD 1/24/15 Beta 1: 700, Beta 2: 2,156; 1st U/S 6w3d: HB 118bpm, 2nd U/S 9w3d: HB 171bpm

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh the possibilities are endless, aren't they!!??

We are out of rooms, so the baby will reside in our room until she is ready to share a room with her sister or my (soon to be HS graduate) moves out. :) 

Here is a picture of my daughters (partially decorated) nursery.  We still have the crib and the bedding, so we'll use it this time around too but we won't be doing any decorating since she'll be in our room. Sigh...

I love pink or blue/brown and pink or blue/grey combos. 
    1/1997 - DS
    9/1998 - Ectopic :: 4/2001 - M/C :: 8/2006 - Ectopic :: 4/2007 - M/C :: 8/2008 - Ectopic
    4/2010 - DD
    4/2012 - M/C
    6/2014 - Surprise Pregnancy at 42 yrs old! EDD 2/16/2015
    6/9 +HPT :: 6/10 hCG 383 :: 6/12 hCG 1190 :: 6/17 hCG 8224, Prog 26.4
    6/24 U/S #1 showing 6w2d CRL .43cm w/HB! :: 7/7 U/S #2 CRL 1.73cm w/strong HB!!
    7/31 NT Scan U/S #3 CRL 49mm, HB160 | MaterniT21 - Negative!!
    TEAM PINK
    9/2 - AFP Panel - Negative | U/S #4 HB150
    10/1 Anatomy U/S #5 | HB 134 | CPCs found, Trisomy 18 ruled out w/Mat21 on 7/31 | all other development normal!

11/24 - Glucose was normal at 94
    12/23 - BPP U/S #6 HB 138 :: 12/30 - BPP U/S #7 HB 159 :: 1/5 - BPP U/S #8 HB 154
    1/12 BPP/Growth U/S #9 HB 129, weighs 5lb 12oz already w/ 4 weeks to go!!
    1/20 BPP/Growth U/S#10 HB 155, weight 6lb 9oz :: 1/26 BPP U/S#11 HB153 :: 2/2 BPP U/S #12 HB 137 :: 2/9 BPP U/S #13 HB 150
    :::::::::: 2/12 - INDUCTION DAY!! ::::::::::
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • mwerrenmwerren member
    edited September 2014
    We are wanting to do a forest theme. I found this one on Pinterest and fell in love, but the rug in this photo is $900!! So I'm going to have to do a much more budget friendly version of it

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you for your responses! If money was unlimited I wouldn't have a problem ;) I just can't seem to decide. @mwerren love the rug but *gulp* on the price!! I really need to focus on this. Hopefully baby will cooperate at the a/s apt on Monday!!

Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• @els1472‌ that's awesome! I originally wanted a mural of something but too cheap to pay someone and I'm not that talented to paint!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• I started out with thinking of the perfect nursery with a theme and agonizing over colors and perfectly matched furniture. .. then thought, what does baby care and isn't that what's most important? So I've started to simplify and think of it from a baby's perspective. One of the things I've been really intrigued by is a Montessori style nursery. If you're not familiar (I certainly wasn't) the basic idea is the room is set up to work for the child and allow the child to explore and discover without the need of parental intervention. So everything is at child height and totally child proofed. Generally it's kept simple, and frequently there's no crib. The latter I think is both fascinating and a little scary, but we think we'll give it a try (with extra childproofing!). So, we painted the room a pretty green, will put the crib mattress on the floor, will have some shelves with some, but not a lot of toys and books out, photos and artwork at child height, hang a couple mobiles, and have a little table and chairs. Though I can't say we've made much progress at this point, apart from painting!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We were team green with our first three, so we had a green animal/alphabet theme and it was cute. The one thing I will say, which everyone tells you but it's SOOO HArd to resist with your first one, is NOT to spend a lot on bedding. You can't use the bumpers, you hardly see the sheet, and you can't even use the dust ruffle once you lower the mattress as baby grows. They have some super cute sets at Target and similar and I would just do something like that or a plain sheet. Just find a cheaper bedding set you like and that will give you your theme.

This time, we have a butter yellow room that is DD2's and we know this is a girl, so we will leave it the same. DD2 has pink accents and some pale green. She has the Savannah quilt in pink from PBK. I will probably buy new baby a PBK quilt and little pillow (for decoration, not to use until later) again in a different pattern.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Wow @els1472‌!! That is an awesome painting! :)

Wellllllllllll... we've been wanting to/trying to have a baby for so long, I've been collecting stuff over the years. For either a boy or girl, I knew I wanted to do something with animals - jungle or safari theme. I just came across a little wall border that I must have bought years ago with baby jungle animals on it and it's green & blue, so I was thinking we could paint the room blue and green, blue @ the top (like the sky) and then green at the bottom and apply the wall border in the middle just above the height of the crib maybe?  We're still cleaning out the room, so haven't tested it out yet, but it's what I'm thinking. :)

I picked out this theme from Babies'R'Us, because they have so many matching accessories, if people wanted to buy us stuff off the registry, I thought it would make it easy to have all at one place. These are just images I found online, I haven't bought much yet:

ME: 38, DH: 42, stopped BCPS 1/2013, TTC #1 2/2013, AMH 0.4, started acupuncture: 7/2013,
    BFP: 10/07/2013; MC 10/15/2013 @ 7 wks (natural), focused on health issues for 7 months.
    TTC again: 6/2014, 2nd round Letrozole, BFP 7/7/2014!!! --- EDD 3/18/2015!!!

image BabyFruit Ticker
    image BabyFetus Ticker
  • Mrs.McIrishMrs.McIrish member
    edited October 2014
    The girls' nursery is going to be a mix of blue/pink/white/floral. I'm not into characters so I didn't go that route. I'm just doing "pretty". The room itself is blue bc we just had it painted last summer when we assumed there would never be a baby. I don't want to pay to repaint it. So I'm adding pink accents to feminize it, have a floral rug that is pink/blue/green floral--very girly. The cribs and furniture are white. We don't plan on being in the house we own right now for more than another year so I didn't want to do murals etc that another owner/tenant would cover over immediately. The girls won't remember this room so it's not something I'm going crazy over despite waiting 4 years for these babies.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• BeckyP005BeckyP005 member
    edited October 2014
    First I think I need to wait to find out sex lol. I know I don't want it too babyish or expensive because I'm sure as child gets older he/she will want to decorate the room. I'm sure I will get an idea soon!

@NicoleWI‌ I totally agree on not to go crazy buuuut some of those nurseries on line are beautiful haha. I have been looking at PBK. @Tsuga76 I don't know this girl personally but from pics I see on fb she has a mattress on the floor. Then I think a mirror and a bar but it seems like she did everything you want to do.

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• hikerlady We're thinking we'll try the floor bed, but I don't feel we need to force it if it doesn't work out. We'll have her in a co sleeper/bassinet in our room for at least the first few months anyway, so we'll have some time to get the feel for her personality and sleeping habits before we try it (or decide to not even go there!).  The mirror and pull up bar are both great ideas as well, and ones I forgot to mention.  I'm trying to figure out how best to make a pull up bar (maybe just cutting down a banister?), as the specialty ones I've seen advertised are pretty ridiculously expensive.  I also need to figure out how to attach a mirror safely, and find one that is not made from glass.

BeckyP005 - Cool.  Was there a link?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • hikerlady Thanks for the links!  The DIY pull-up bar looks pretty easy, maybe putting a mirror along the bottom as well so she can see before she starts pulling up.  And ditto - would love to see your room as well :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We were team green with DD.  We painted the ceiling white, upper wall light gray, and lower wall dark gray.  We installed a chair rail around that was white as well as a few white shelves.  The crib was done in gray and white.  We also bought two small cans of trim paint, one blue and one pink.  My sister painted the chair rail and shelves with the pink paint while we were at the hospital after delivery.  It was wonderful.  We are going to move DD to a new room and use the same room this time... but we still have the blue trim paint just in case!

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

• I was going to paint an oldish crib and just make the bedding. (Found some great ideas on Pinterest). But we ended up just throwing in the towel for now. Going to let baby sleep in the pack and play next to us for awhile and then go from there. She will be sharing a room with our youngest daughter when she gets a bit older, so she won't have much of a nursery anyhow. 
    But when I do get a crib I plan on making the colors Lavender, Gray and Teal. 
      Oh you are just like me! I was going to use my old trusty (and, recalled) crib and make my own bedding. But my oldest DS freaked at me using the crib (he's an engineer) and I'm too tired to go look for fabric or actually sew LOL.

So I have the pack n play with basinnett thingy setup in our room. I put some scripture on the wall in vinyl letteriing (it says 'I have prayed for the child and the LORD has granted me what I asked of Him') and will have her name up there in foam letters, when I get around to hot gluing the ribbon on haha. The pnp is brown and just today I got a pink sheet for it and pink themed light blankets with those cute owls on them that seem popular now.

Next summer, she'll move to youngest dd's room, older dd will move into oldest ds' room as he is getting married! We'll repaint and decorate then and buy a new crib.
  • mindaamindaa member
    edited October 2014
    @hikerlady

Love, love, love that first print!  (and too many others on that site, I could spend a fortune. Have bookmarked it for future reference.  :) 
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• We will paint it yellow.... that is all for now ;;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"