Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Tubes

DD is 18 months and had tubes put in her ears a week before her 1st bday.  No problems since.  Although this morning she woke up with dried blood on her outer ear on both sides.  One side was a little worse than the other.  It wasn't A LOT but she fussed when I cleaned it off.  That could be because her ear was sore or that she hates having her face washed.  I've noticed this week that her outer ear on one side was red.  Not sure if she was messing with it or not but it went away fairly quickly. 

I did put in a call to her pedi and they called in some ear drops to be used for 7 days but weren't overly concerned.  If they aren't I'm not either.  However, I just wondered if anyone else has had this experience with tubes?  Seems after 6 months all should be fine.  Her ENT did say the tubes should last at least a year.  Just wondering what may be the cause?  TIA.

Re: Tubes

• Options
    Yep, DS had his tubes placed in June and has had 2 ear infections since.  One of them caused bleeding similar to what you described.  We used the antibiotic ear drops as prescribed and that was it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    She's on the drops now too. If it is truely an ear infection it's the first time they've bled.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I answered phones for an ENT office for almost 3 yrs. It is common. I don't claim to be a medical professional but based strictly on the number of calls I took saying the same thing, I wouldn't worry. If it's more than a couple drops or it happens frequently, I would see the doc. Usually the drops work.
  • Options
    I actually had this happen to me and freaked out and brought her in to the Pedi only to find out she had actually scratched the inside of her ear with her finger nail.  :)  DD is always digging in her ears and I was surprised how much blood a little scratch caused, the outside of her ear was full of blood.  My son is on his second set of tubes and never has had bleeding.  Just a thought since maybe your LO is just digging in there because they are irritated.   GL :)
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"