Special Needs
Options

Help me think this through.

DD (4 ASD) has food issues and a very limited diet (noodles with pretty much any type of sauce/PBJ/Fish Sticks/Chicken Nuggets/Quesidilla/fruit/normal kid snacks) 
Her ABA school has a feeding program run by the Behavioral Psych and OT that we could do but it would mean pulling her out from some of her in class time where she is making good progress with social and classroom skills so I am hesitant to do it this year when she is only there 2 days a week. 
My thought is to do it next year when she is in the classroom fulltime 5 days a week and it can be done with less impact on her access to NT peers and the classroom, is that a decent plan?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Help me think this through.

• Options
    greyt00greyt00 member
    edited September 2014
    For me, eating was a huge deal and 1st priority, but my son was eating far fewer foods and his growth was stunted.  That being said, I understand not wanting to rock the boat/lose momentum in other areas.  What is the time commitment for the feeding program and how many hours of the day is she in the other program?  A time when she is doing well might be the best time to start, before any new more difficult phase starts, some other life changes occur, etc.  Does next year mean next school year (i.e. almost a year from now) or next calendar year (i.e. January)?  It seems my family only gets limited times where things are good and calm for a stretch. 

• Options
    She is growing fine, her Pedi is happy with her weight and height, she is staying pretty consistent on the growth curve and growing well.
    She takes a multivitamin daily and eats fruit well (not so much with veggies but we sneak those into her smoothies) so I feel like vitamin wise she is good.
    The big struggle is protein. I'm torn I feel like it should be a priority but she is doing OK right now so I kind of feel like she needs the social and classroom work more right now. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"