Infertility

is cramping a common Progesterone Side Effect?

I've been have cramping since the date of my transfer. On the sheet the RE gave me to take home, it says cramping may occur. They come and go and usually aren't too bad but at times feel like strong menstrual cramps. This morning they were pretty painful. But now they're gone. Could it be the progesterone or estradiol? I'm taking the progesterone inserts (endometrin) and I read through the side effects. It does say abdominal pain but this seems different. Of course the cramping is freaking me out! I took progesterone inserts before but its been several years and I don't remember if they had this effect on me.

Me 30/DH 31 Married in June 2003. TTC since 2008. M/c in Nov. 2008. D/x: DOR and MFI 5 cycles of IUI in 2010. IVF #1 in Nov. 2011. ER 11/22. ET 11/25. BFN.

Re: is cramping a common Progesterone Side Effect?

• I think that it must be because I had period like cramps off an on after my ET too so I don't think you should worry unless you are having cramping and bright red bleeding. I was on crinone progesterone and vivelle patch estrogen.

**Signature Warning**

TTC since July 2013
    DX: Unexplained or possibly DOR and DH 2% morph
    3 IUIs May-July: all BFN
    IVF Sept 2014: 12R 10M 8F, 5 day eSET 9/15, 4 frosties
    Beta #1 353, Beta #2 651, EDD June 3

TRUST in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

• I was on both inserts & PIO. I didn't experience any cramping but I did read it as a side effect, pretty common too from what I saw on here. Good Luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been on and am currently on endometrin and always seem to have cramps during the 2ww.
  • I was on Endometrin and had lots of cramping.

*early loss mentioned*
    Me: 34   dx: endo and DOR
    DH: 38   dx: normal
    Endometrioma removed from left ovary 4/'09 
    Started TTC Aug. 2012 
    BFP Jan. '13 - (no heartbeat at 8w appointment) spontaneously MC at 9w 
    Nov. '13 AMH level 0.98 
    April '14 IUI w/clomid BFN 
    May '14 IUI w/clomid BFN 
    June '14 AMH level 0.5 
    IVF #1 July '14, 4R/4M/3F   2 8 cells transferred on day 3, nothing made it to freeze, BFN 
    IVF #2 Nov '14 EPP stimmed for 12 days 9R/4M/4F   2 7 cells transferred on day 3, nothing to freeze, BFN
    IVF #3 May '15 cancelled after highest possible meds dosages for over two weeks. converted to IUI, BFN
    DE IVF #1 Dec '15 transferred one BB2 blast, BFP due August 2016

ALL Welcome

• Thanks for the feedback! It stinks that we're all having cramps but glad to know it's apparently a common side effect and not something wrong.

Me 30/DH 31 Married in June 2003. TTC since 2008. M/c in Nov. 2008. D/x: DOR and MFI 5 cycles of IUI in 2010. IVF #1 in Nov. 2011. ER 11/22. ET 11/25. BFN.
  • I had cramping and low back pain for 2 weeks after transfer on PIO and estrace. I think it is pretty common to have these "period-like" pains, so don't stress too much about it. Best of luck!!
    **warning**
    Me (31), DH (33), one furbaby (7) - unexplained IF 
    hysteroscopy and polypectomy 2/14
    IVF #1 3/2014 - cancelled (early ovulation)
    IVF #1.2  ER 5/16/14: 23R 18F -  freeze all (12) due to concern for late onset OHSS 
    FET #1 in June - delayed due to thin lining, 7/18 SET (7.5 mm lining) resulted in chemical pregnancy
    FET #2 in Sept - 9/4 transferred 2 CCS tested embryos (6.5mm lining)
    9/13 beta #1 - 400, 9/15 beta #2 - 950, U/S 9/22 one gestational/yolk sac - next up 9/29
    3 frozen CCS tested embryos remaining
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"