August 2014 Moms
Options

Monday Bitchfest

I need to hear why other people are in as bad a mood as me.

August 2014 January Siggy Challenge

Re: Monday Bitchfest

• Options

LO's baptism was yesterday, so I have quite a few but I will only go into one. Someone scratched him or scraped him on something because he has a decent size scrape on his leg but didn't tell me or DH about it. It looks like it is something that would have made him cry, so I am pretty pissed about it. Also, our nephew was a brat, but what's new.

And one more: I was up since 7 yesterday and didn't get a nap because of the party. LO decided to stay up until 2 in the morning. =( I was slightly hysterical when I called hubby to vent to him while he was on his break at 1:00 AM. Go the fuck to sleep child! At night!

• Options
    Oops, I have to do one more. DH's grandma, who I dislike more and more each time I interact with her, spelled Killian's name as Gillian on the card she gave him. Never mind that every time I post anything about him on Facebook she likes it, comments on it, and she has met him. His name is KILLIAN! This is the same woman who told me how gross it was that I bought used cloth diapers off of ebay, so I have been sick of her for a while.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Side note: @ChrisseB‌ I LOVE your daughter's name!
  • Options
    @kaitm22‌ My aunt told me my spelling for DD1 was stupid and that she was going to creak her by her middle name. She didn't see dd1 until she was almost 2, and when she tried to call her by her middle name — DD1 told aunt flat out that wasn't her name.

I hate DD1's CCD program. They aren't actually teaching her anything and she's supposed to have first communion this year.

I hate my house. It's always trashed no matter how hard I try to clean — it's just too small with no place for storage anywhere so I end up just shuffling stuff from room to room. 5 people just need more than a 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom less than 900sq ft house. (And 3 bedrooms is being generous — it's really 2 small bedrooms with a finished attic.)
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    I really really really hate my stretch marks :(( It's not like I ever wore a bikini, but they make me feel so unsexy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm just a tad pissed off at MIL for overfeeding DD. DD usually eats 3oz every 3-4 hours. We fed DD at 7:15AM so next possible feeding time would be right around 10:15AM. We made 3 bottles for MIL to use. I know she fed her around the 10:15 time because she called to confirm the formula amount. Next possible feeding time would be around 1:15PM and then again around 4:15PM (if we are assuming 3hour stretches). When we got back from shopping around 4PM, she told us the last time she ate was 2:45PM and I noticed all 3 of her bottles were gone. If she followed our 3 hour rule, there should have been one more bottle left for the 4PM feed.

It isn't the end of the world, I know, but follow our little schedule, please!!!
  • Options

My DH and I went out together for the first time since LO was born (went to see Gone with the Wind on the big screen....loved it!!)  Anyway, my mom babysat all 3 boys.  We got home and the house was TRASHED!  Dinner dishes all over, toys all over.  She was pretty much going crazy when we walked in.  AND...she had just spilled some of my breast milk!  Only about an ounce, but every ounce counts.

Anyway...I am grateful she was willing to watch the boys...but I really don't know if it's even worth it to go out again.  Unless we drop the boys off at her house!

son#1 born 6/2010

son#2 born 4/2012

son#3 born 7/2014

• Options
    My mom can't get over the fact that my DH would rather be a SAHD. The alternative is buying another car, paying extra for gas and insurance, and paying for childcare. Where does she think the extra paycheck would go?
  • Options
    DH went on a bday trip with some friends to KC for Monday night football. He left yesterday and gets back tomorrow night. I gave him 300 dollars to spend (plus the credit card for gas). He already spent 250, (seriously, in one freaking night?!) And put a 161 dollar dinner on the CC (that we only use for gas and groceries). So I had to put another 100 on his card this morning.

And LO has been awake and crying for the last 6 hours. I'm also crying.
  • Options
    My mom was just here for 10 days and it was GLORIOUS!! She left yesterday morning(she lives in MN, we are in NY), and today I am all alone with baby again so of course he decides to be the neediest, fussiest little guy he can be! Come back Grandma!!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    MIL doesn't seem to support me bfing. She's told me it wasn't her thing when raising her boys. Even in the hospital when we were struggling she said she ff so everyone could bond with the baby. I wanted to cry. It's like she thought i was being greedy. Still bugs me. Then one day she offered to take me to lunch. Afterwards she said we should go to target to buy bottles. I said fine as long as we get a breast pump too. Then a couple days ago she watched him for a couple hours. When I got there I said I was going to the other room to feed him. She said she had just mixed a bottle of formula. I told her I was OK with wasting formula. I don't know why she can't just respect my choice.
  • Options
    theteno said:

zoegirlTX said:

DD is usually fussy every afternoon....like most babies!  She hadn't pooped since Tuesday (but did finally this morning), so yesterday my mom makes the comments "well, maybe your milk isn't satisfying or nourishing enough"  (b/c that's the problem she was told she had....)  

UM NO!  and also STFU!  So annoying...DD has tons of wet diapers, sleeps 5+ hour stretches at nvight, and is over 10 lbs at 5 weeks, so she's getting plenty to eat! GRRRRRR
    I have issues with DH wanting to use formula. Z is colicky with bad gas pain, colitis, and now that Im cutting out dairy if Z is ever fussy during a feed, which happens a lot, DH wants to give a "special formula" and thinks my bm is the problem. He even went to a bf class w me and learned how bm can be the best thing. Wth?

@workmm01‌, what? She just bought formula you arent feeding your baby? Id say something very clear about her respecting your parenting choices and realizing its not her child.
    I have some formula in case of an emergency but it wasn't needed that day. I don't want to blow up at her while angry, but when I'm not angry I back down and don't want to start confrontation. Also I don't think she knows how hard it is to bf so she doesn't know she's being annoying.
  • Options
    workmm01 said:

MIL doesn't seem to support me bfing. She's told me it wasn't her thing when raising her boys. Even in the hospital when we were struggling she said she ff so everyone could bond with the baby. I wanted to cry. It's like she thought i was being greedy. Still bugs me. Then one day she offered to take me to lunch. Afterwards she said we should go to target to buy bottles. I said fine as long as we get a breast pump too. Then a couple days ago she watched him for a couple hours. When I got there I said I was going to the other room to feed him. She said she had just mixed a bottle of formula. I told her I was OK with wasting formula. I don't know why she can't just respect my choice.

Ugh, I really don't understand people! I have the exact same problem but opposite. I used to breastfeed but DS had a tongue tie which made it close to impossible for him to latch. I pumped and supplemented with formula when my boobs were too sore. I was getting very overwhelmed when doing all three and by the time his tongue tie was removed he had gotten way too comfy with the bottle and so I stopped breastfeeding. Family members (mostly mil and SIL) then commented on how I should work harder with DS to get him to latch and that ff is really a last resort.... Blah blah. Anyhow, I told them that my way was right for me and the baby and not to worry about us FFS. They've left it alone finally.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Options
    LO has been wanting to be held since Saturday and will not let me put her down. She also fusses if I try to wear her (she used to be fine with it). Mommy just need a few minutes of alone time! Please!

imageimage
  • Options
    I really really really hate my stretch marks :(( It's not like I ever wore a bikini, but they make me feel so unsexy.

This was going to be my bitch today too!! I used to wear a bikini, now I'm about to toss them all out :(
  • Options
    The 45 minute nap intruder has reared its head.

• Options
    This is a good one ladies...so DH and I had our first night out alone since LO was born this past Friday night. About 6 weeks ago, I bought concert tickets and arranged for my parents to come over and babysit. I was so excited...bought a new shirt, had a spray tan, whitened my teeth, etc. I had been feeling/looking homeless so it felt good to get gussied up. DH gets so shitfaced he got kicked out of the concert 30 minutes into it so we had to leave and come home. At some point in the night he lost his phone and his debit card. And then he puked all morning and was worthless on Saturday. I am BEYOND pissed that I arranged a date night out for one of our favorite singers and this is what happened. He is in deeeeeeep shit with me and he knows it. Our wedding anniversary is next month and I'm expecting big things from him. Ultimate DH vent!!!!!!!!!!!!
    OMG! He better make it up to you BIG TIME! I would be furious. Feeling better about my bitch now..
  • Options
    Wtf to my neighbors who are playing their music so loud ACROSS THE STREET that my floorboards are vibrating. I now have two over tired, cranky babies who can't nap, thank you very much. A$$hats.

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    tamarar5 said:
    Wtf to my neighbors who are playing their music so loud ACROSS THE STREET that my floorboards are vibrating. I now have two over tired, cranky babies who can't nap, thank you very much. A$$hats.

Call the police.  Seriously, if there's any kind of noise ordinance seems like they would be violating it.

son#1 born 6/2010

son#2 born 4/2012

son#3 born 7/2014

• Options
    I was thinking of trying to cut out my 1-2 cups of coffee to see if DS would nap better. Thank you for saving my sanity.
  • Options
    Valancyy said:

tamarar5 said:

Call the police.  Seriously, if there's any kind of noise ordinance seems like they would be violating it.

Last time I called, they said there was no noise ordinance or curfew in my city. So when they were partying like this at 3am a couple of weeks ago, there was nothing I could do. :( I hate my city.

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    Since week 3, LO has been sleeping through the night. We are now at two months and suddenly she has decided to be up every two hours to eat for the past 3 nights. I'm sure it's just a growth spurt but fear Lord I am tried.
  • Options
    LO has been crying pretty much since he was born. There were two and a half weeks where if he wasn't nursing or sleeping he was crying. It was awful. We bought gerber colic soothe probiotic drops and 6 days later it's gotten a bit better. He's 4 weeks old and 12lbs5oz, 23.5in and has tons of wet and dirty diapers- but for some reason people keep suggesting my breastmilk isn't enough. "Add rice cereal" "give him some formula" "are you producing enough?" But then when I nurse him for like 45 minutes I get "You're feeding him too long" "Shouldn't he be done?"

Please people just leave me and my boobs alone. It's not my fault he won't stop crying!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"