January 2015 Moms
Options

What do you do to go to sleep? :)

Interesting little poll for answers, here! What do you ladies do to get some shuteye? I personally have to listen to some music (doesn't matter what it is) in order to fall asleep lately. I didn't used to have to do this, but now it's becoming a bit of a must! 

Re: What do you do to go to sleep? :)

• Options
    I seriously need a pillow between my knees to sleep.... I dont know why but since I've been pregnant it has hurt. It feels like bone -on-bone.... hurts too much for me to be comfy...
  • Options

just be pregnant! im usually an insomniac. nothing works. watching boring shows??? nope I will watch them all... read a book? nope I will finish the book... pregnant? I need a full nights sleep plus naps all day long and still feel dead tired

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I usually read or watch something on Hulu or Netflix. It's kinda lame. I wish I had a cooler, more exciting bedtime routine to share.

Pregnancy TickerimageBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    I need a light on to help me recover from nightmares. Dreams are really vivid and unless I can see when I wake I cannot immediately tell reality is back and I need not panic. Sometimes I need a lot of pillows to position my back properly, too. I've really wide hips and a proportionately narrow waist and wide shoulders and I sometimes need to slide something under my waist to prop up the center of my back and support my belly. I may also need something between my knees or behind my back.
  • Options
    marvan5marvan5 member
    edited September 2014
    I get into a routine. Put PJ's on, put my hair in a pony, wash my face, apply witch hazel, brush my teeth, put on some lavender lotion, feed my fish and turn off their light, climb into bed and light a candle and read my book. Sometimes I get hungry so I'll eat an apple (waking up starving is not fun), and then have to get up and use the restroom (usually at least once in my wind down period). When I'm finally sleepy enough I get comfortable, either propped up on pillows and feel baby moving until I fall asleep or move onto either side, with a body pillow to snuggle and have in between my legs. Sometimes I'll blow out the candle or let it burn and my husband will come in and blow it out for me. We're on different sleep schedules because I work early three days a week and otherwise I just am tired before he is most nights. Some nights this routine works better than others, but if I stick with it I know I will train my body to recognize "bed time." Oh, and I avoid looking at screens aka TV, computer, and cell phone for an hour before I hope to shut my eyes.

Edit: Add on last sentence
    January J'15 Siggy Challenge: Baby FAILS

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I read :)
    (Zoe Claire- born at 33.6 weeks- November 19, '14 - 5lbs 15oz)
  • Options
    I read on my phone - maybe not the best bedtime routine, but it helps.

Sex also helps me sleep, but that hasn't been as frequent lately.
  • Options
    My husband has been (finally!) reading the Harry Potter series, so I ask him to read out loud in bed while I lay down and get comfy. Best bedtime routine ever. No wonder kids love stories read to them before bed! 

• Options
    I like to read a bit and/or play a level in candy crush.
    I don't generally have trouble falling asleep so it is usually pretty short.
    DD#1 (6), DD#2 (4), DD#3 (0)
  • Options
    Sex helps lol.  And pregnancy has made me so exhausted that I can typically fall asleep pretty easily.  This past weekend my mom told me she could tell pregnancy was getting to me because normally I'm the life of the party and never want it to end; I bar hop until the last one closes, but we spent a day at DisneyQuest and I was the first one ready to go home haha. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"