November 2014 Moms

organizing clothing/sheets/towels/stuff ....

How are you organizing different size clothing in his/her room? We have 2 dressers and a very small section to hang stuff. Are you using dresser drawers for towels/washcloths? Sheets/blankets?

Re: organizing clothing/sheets/towels/stuff ....

• We are doing current clothes and one size up in the dresser.  Bigger (and eventually smaller) sizes in rubbermaid bins. Towels/washclothes in the bathroom.  Sheets/blankets on shelves in the closet.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sheets and changing pad covers are on a shelf in her closet. Towels are in our linen closet. I've got drawers based on size and clothes hanging in size order. My drawers are full of hand me downs from friends and the hanging clothes are new gifts.
  • Loading the player...
  • How many changing pad covers should I have? I got three and was considering exchanging one for something else. I also have 3 little waterproof changing towels that I guess go on top...

FTM problems. :)

• LO doesn't have a dresser at the moment, so NB thru 6M clothes are hung in her tiny closet in size order. The rest are in boxes in the closet. Crib sheets and receiving blankets will go in large bins under her crib. We're moving a short bookcase into her room to use as a changing table, and that will have bins with diapers, burp cloths, paci clips, bibs and other little things. I have bins on tensions rods between the side walls of her closet for things like hats and socks and other things that can't really be hung up. Towels are in our linen closet.
    kfo22 said:
    How many changing pad covers should I have? I got three and was considering exchanging one for something else. I also have 3 little waterproof changing towels that I guess go on top... FTM problems. :)
    I would say 3 is a good number just so you don't have to immediately do a load of laundry if one gets dirty. I hate being without a back-up of things like that because that is inevitably when my judgy mother shows up.
    Miney 9/15/10
    Mo 11/4/14 
    Wait, What?!? - EDD 11/1/19
    Mothers get 1 day off

• This is how I did DD's and this LO's will probably be similar even though the closet is configured completely different (this LO will have a small walk-in and DD does not). Towels and washcloths in the bathroom closet. Changing pad covers, sheets, mattress covers, blankets were in the closet in one of those shoe organizers that hang from the bar. She has a dresser that I use for socks, pj's, leggings, t-shirts, etc... Hanging in her closet are dresses, outfits, and jackets. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited September 2014
    I did some of this yesterday!  I have a 5 drawer chest of drawers and a 6 drawer dresser.

In the CoD I did the following drawers:

-Towels and washcloths
    -Crib, PnP sheets
    -Burp cloths and bibs
    -Receiving blankets, swaddles
    -Extras

For the dresser I'm going to do non-hanging up clothes as the changing table will be the top of the dresser.  I figure this will take up 4 drawers and the 2 extras will probably just be extra diapers and wipes and stuff like that.

ETA: I got some little plastic bins to put in the dresser for things like socks, mittens, hats, etc.  Small stuff!

• Bins and square totes. Loving how they come in cute patterns so that it will be easy to differentiate between different ones. I'm bummed that the wardrobe I wanted doesn't deem to be available anymore - no clue what I'm going to do with hanging items until I find something else.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • This thread totally makes me feel like I need a bigger house....or at least bigger closets!

Nov. '14 January Siggy : Work Sucks!

Me 32-DH 38

Married July 14, 2007  ----- TTC # 1 October 1, 2013
    BFP   March 7, 2014  -----  EDD November 17, 2014 ---- Baby boy born November 16, 2014

• DS1 and DS2 have to share a dresser, so I currently just have newborn sized clothes in the drawers, along with towels, sleep sacks, swaddles, bibs, socks, etc.  I have the 0 -3 months clothes in a bin in the nursery closet, and all other sizes are in storage and will need to be washed before DS2 can wear them.  DS1 was small and wore newborn sizes until almost 2 months, so I'm anticipating DS2 will be similar.

• We're using baby's closet for our stuff since our closet is so small, which means baby doesn't have a closet. She also won't have a dresser, but there are two big shelves under the changing table (Pottery Barn Ultimate) so we will have two extra large baskets and three large baskets to hold her clothes, receiving blankets, burp cloths, disposable changing table pads, diapers, etc.

We'll also have a basket on top of the changing table with a few changing supplies, with more in the three small drawers.

I'm going to use the diaper holder that came with the crib set to hold extra sheets and mattress covers.
    It's a girl! Due November 22, 2014
  • We just organized this weekend - DH is horrible with organizing - as long as it is out of site he's good - so all DS1's thing were thrown in giant rubber maid bins randomly.  I went through and organized everything by size - kept hand-me-downs and new clothes in drawers sizes 0-3, 3-6, and 6-12 (also in closet) so I can rotate them out easily.

DS's clothes we organized by size this time and used the storage vacuum bags (these things are awesome for space-saving - we were able to consolidate 2 HUGE bins into one bin) and labeled them so I can just pull them out easily when the time comes.

Burp clothes, receiving blankets, bibs, and swaddle-me blankets are in a bigger basket I bought at Bed Bath and Beyond with DS and I just keep them on the floor next to a glider.  We have a linen closet where I just put sheets, etc. on a shelf.  Bathing supplies (towels,  wraps, washcloths) in another basket we just kept in our bathroom with DS because that's were we bathed him at first.  Baskets are your friend! We also have one in the nursery with diapers and supplies, and kept one down stairs with extra supplies so everything is right there to grab.

• This baby has more storage room than I do! There's a huge closet in his room (weird for a house built in 1948) as well as a built in dresser.

I'll be putting all the onesies, sleepers and pants in the drawers by size. The closet has sweaters and jackets and anything that should be hung. I have bins for the closet for blankets and there will be one for sheets as well. We also have a change table with bins underneath. In one of the bins there are swaddlers, in another is all the bath stuff (including towels), another has diapers and wipes and another has lotions, thermometer etc. There's also a little cabinet above the built in dresser with a few bins for socks, booties, hats and anything little.

I'm not sure if I'll keep everything where it is right now, but it won't be too different than it is now.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"