Multiples
Options

How long did you work?

I know I've seen this somewhere before, but couldn't find it via searching (so, sorry if this has been asked recently!)

I'm wondering how long everyone worked before the birth of their multiples? 

I have an office job and I'm hoping to use most of my maternity leave AFTER the twins are born so I keep saying I'll work right up until I'm about to give birth (providing nothing serious happens and I get put on bed rest), but I don't know how realistic that is. I had the conversation with my OB at 28 weeks and he kind of put the ball in my court with, "How long do you want to work?" He did mention that he thinks I'm going to be mighty uncomfortable by 35 weeks and I can see where he's going with that (just how I'm feeling now). 

N14 Nov. Siggy: CELEBRATION!

image image
TTC since 2011
Aug. - Sept. 2013 - dIUIs = BFNs
January 2014 - IVF = 3 freezer babies
March 2014 - FET of AA and AB blast = BFP! Twins! 
Nov. 7, 2014 - Wilhelmina "Willa" Suzanne (4lb 14oz) and Ari Jose (6lb 4oz) were born via CS
image image

image image image image 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: How long did you work?

• Options
    33 weeks. Then delivered at 35w (preeclampsia). Best of luck. Some people work thru week 39. There's no way I could have and my job was at a desk.

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• Options
    I have been very fortunate with work benefits. I am already on short term disability which I can be on up until the babies are born when the mat leave will start. Started STD at 28 weeks. If I didn't have that and would have to dip into my mat leave to go off early, we still get 52 weeks (granted, at a huge pay cut) of leave so i wouldn't have felt bad taking 4-6 weeks off early if I needed to (which I think I would need to). I can't imagine working past, say 34ish weeks?

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was lucky and had two complication-free pregnancies.  I am a teacher and was on my feet a lot but I was able to work right up to my scheduled c-section both times.  I worked on the Friday before delivering on a Monday for both sets of twins at 37w1d and 37w2d.  Everyone is different so listen to your body and drink a ton of water (and then drink more water!).  Good luck!  
    m/c: Oct 2008
    m/c: Jan 2010
    dx: uterine lining issues
    IUI #1 BFP! Twins! A & E born Mar 2011 (37w1d)
    Then became pregnant with spontaneous twins! Twins again! MK & H born Mar 2013 (37w2d)  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm still working at 36w+4d. I'm a home health physical therapist, so there are definetly challenges, but I think this pregnancy has gone well, and maybe all that activity is why?  With that being said, I'm counting down the days until I'm done working, although I haven't set a date yet.  But next Friday I'll be induced if they haven't come on their own, so at the latest I'll be taking off shortly!  Hang in there.
    First natural BFP June 2013
    Ectopic July 2012 with fallopian tube and ovary removal :(

First IVF (after 1 cancelled cycle) Jan 2014, 
    ER 1/16
    ET 1/21
    Beta 1/31 BFP!
    Beta 2: 400
    Beta 3: 700
    Beta 4: 11,000  
    Beta 5: 45,000
    1st US 2/18:  TWINS!!!  :)
    EDD: 10/10/14
    Delivered via c section 9/17/14, B/G twins

• Options
    My water broke at work at 34w. I was WFH 2x a week starting at 32w bc my commute blows and I can do my job remotely (for the most part).

• Options
    I work a desk job and went down to pt around 28 weeks and worked mostly from home. I went on leave at 33 weeks because there was just no comfortable way I could keep working - I was really swollen and had pretty bad carpal tunnel syndrome so even if I was in the office I would not have been very productive. It was a whole different world from my first pregnancy, where I was commuting and working right up until the day I went into labor. 

TTC #2 since July 2010
    FSH = 11 (20 on day 10 of CCCT)/ AMH = .98 / AFC=12ish
    5 IUI's with oral meds = all BFN
    March 2012 IVF (MDL Protocol) Started stims 3/3; ER 3/11 (9R, 8M, 7F) ET 3/16 (5dt of 2 blasts graded 3AB and 3BA, 3 frosties(!!) Beta 3/26 = 386; Beta 3/28 = 827; u/s 4/11 says TWINS! Boy/Girl Twins delivered at 36 weeks 6 days

• Options
    I worked the day my water broke at. 35 w 3d. I work in a school and am on my feet a lot so I was tired but it was doable. FWIW my dr told me she would've pulled me from work at my appt the next day due to pre-e concerns.
  • Options
    I am a retail manager, so on my feet most of the day (and it's a physical job). I am talking to my OB on Thursday about starting my 3 weeks of vacation then maternity leave at 30 weeks instead of 32. I'm starting to have really rough days and nights.

TTC for 1.5 years with a crappy RE. 12 cycles with clomid (11 too many)
    New RE, 3 failed IUI's moving to IVF with ICSI
    IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Induced week 39 due to severe GD
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

TTC #2 2 failed IUI's moving on to FET 3/2014
    ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

• Options
    I worked until Friday (34.7) and went into labor Sunday (35.2)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I felt like I could have worked until I delivered.  The commute was getting a little hard but nothing terrible.

But my cervix had other ideas so I went on bedrest at 28 weeks.  I was devastated that I lost 6 weeks of my maternity leave before the babies were even here.  But it was more important to keep them in as long as possible.

D & L are here at 34 weeks 4 days by vaginal and breech delivery on 11/19/2013
    Two healthy boys weighing 4 lbs 15 ozs and 4 lbs 5 ozs.  Only 6 days in the NICU and getting bigger, stronger and cuter every day! 
  • Options
    I got put on modified rest at 33 weeks and made it to our scheduled 37 week delivery. I was planning on working up until 35 weeks and then start leave to get a little bit of rest before they were born. 

I was able to work from home those last 2 weeks though so I still got to start leave when I had planned. As soon as I started working from the couch I lost almost 10 pounds in fluid weight I was so swollen being up all day before. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    SV917SV917 member
    edited September 2014
    I have a sedentary office job (with occasional court appearances) and I worked the day before my scheduled c-section at 37w6d.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Rxmom04Rxmom04 member
    edited September 2014
    I'm a retail pharmacist and ended up leaving work at 31 weeks due to swelling, blood pressure issues and just not being able to handle no scheduled breaks/rest periods anymore. Employer tried to accommodate and it helped for awhile but there's only so much they could do. The OB pretty much left it up to me when to quit until my blood pressure started acting up. I'm at 35w5d now with a c-section scheduled in a few days and there's no way I could handle work at the moment. I can barely get through a shower and a grocery store run right now. I was able to get short term disability through my employer so I'm not exactly burning my maternity leave but more of my time after the babies come will be at half instead of full pay now.
    Edited to fix dates, apparently my mush brain can't remember how far along I am:)
  • Options
    I have a desk job and worked full time until 33 weeks, 1/2 days for another week and then I couldn't do the hour commute each way so I stopped working. I tried to work from home but it was too uncomfortable. I unexpectedly delivered at 35w so I didn't use up too much leave but had I not delivered until 38w I would have. I think it really depends- I had a ton of physical pain from the way the babies were positioned. I was getting shooting nerve pain down my legs constantly. Hope things go smooth for you!
  • Options
    I was put on bed rest at 26 weeks but was able to work from home.  I continued to work remote until I had my twins at 35w4d.  By that point there was no way I would have been comfortable working in the office or making my 1 hour each way commute.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    4legsRbest4legsRbest member
    edited September 2014
    We are delivering on Thursday (37 weeks) and I was in the office until last Friday. I am WFH three days this week, so right up until delivery!

It will all depend on how your pregnancy progresses. I had to come home because I am having severe pain in my SI joint and can't walk, but can still work ;) If it weren't for that I would still be at my desk.
    Me: 37 DH: 40 TTC since 9/09
    #1 BFP 1/10/11; missed m/c discovered 7w5d
    IF Dx: Endo, hetero MTHFR mutation, poor morphology
    #1 IUI: 1/18/12 = BFN
    #1 IVF/ICSI 4/2/12 = 2 x 7-cell and 1 x 5-cell transferred (3dt) = BFP!!
    H was born at 41w2d on 12/29/12 - be still my heart!
    #2 IVF/ICSI 1/19/14 = 2 x 8 cells transferred (3dt) = BFP!! EDD 10/09/14
    M&W born at 37 weeks on 9/18/14 - I am the momma of 3 boys!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I worked full time until I was about 30 weeks, then went down to 6 hours a day. Starting at 36 1/2 weeks I went on bed rest because of blood pressure issues. Until then I tried to be very careful, put my feet up, didn't walk much, etc.
  • Options
    I worked until a week before I was induced at 37 weeks.

DX: DOR and MFI 

IVF w/ICSI brought us our 1st precious miracle

V born via induction 4.29.11

TTC #2: IVF (MDLF) August/September 2012

ER 9/7: 6R, 5M, 4F ET 9/12: 5dt of 2 blasts 

+HPT 9/17! Beta #1 (9/25) = 1,000 Beta #2 (9/27) = 1,860 U/S #1 (10/11)...TWINS!

1/8/13 - It's a..boy and a girl!!   

S&B born via induction 5.8.13

imageimage

• Options
    I worked FT (45-50 hrs) until this week (31w).

I will do a week or two of 6 hr days, then do 9-12 until I am told I'm done.

So far I have no reason to suspect that will be before 35w, or longer, but I know these things can change in a heartbeat, and I want work to be prepared for the possibility.

Especially considering how I realized this morning that I barely fit behind the wheel anymore haha.
  • Options
    I am 37 weeks and I am still working. This is the first week that I have felt like not going in anymore. My c-section is scheduled for next Thursday, so Friday is my last day.
  • Options
    I chose to stop at 32 or 34 weeks. Could have done it longer, I think my belly didn't start touching the steering wheel until 37 weeks.
    image    image    image    image

• Options
    Thanks for this thread.  I'm still only 8w1d, but I've been starting to wonder about what things will look like, 5 months from now.

*** Ticker Warning ***

Me: 37, DH: 39, TTC 5 yrs

2013 summary: Diagnosed with Hypothyroid; Cervical polyp removed (benign); 
    2 rounds ovidrel with timed intercourse (no result): 3 rounds IUI with clomid + ovidrel (no result)
    2014 summary (to date):
    IVF cycle 1 - ER: 4/17 (28 follicles, 3 fertilized, 2 survived to day 3);
    ET: 4/20 (3rd day, 2 embryos - 1 @ 6 cells & 1 @ 4 cells); Beta 5/1 - BFP!; 
    1st scan 5/13 - development behind, no heartbeat detected; D&C 6/2; WTF 6/13
    IVF cycle 2 - BCP begun 7/12; stims w/ HGH begun 7/26; 
    ER: 8/6, 12 follicles, 7 fertilized w/ ICSI; ET: 8/11, 3 blastocysts left, 2 transferred, 3rd arrested 8/12 - none to freeze :'(
    1st beta 8/19 - BFP! 294; 2nd beta 8/26 - 4976; 1st u/s 9/2; 2nd u/s 9/9 - two little heartbeats at 140 each!!! 
    EDD: 29-April-2015
    Other Meds: Synthroid 100 mcg/daily

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    32 weeks, I was on light duty but just getting out of bed in the morning was a struggle for me at that point. Some people go all the way to end though. Listen to your body, don't push yourself and take it day by day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was working retail, so on my feet the whole day, so I decided to stop working around 32 weeks. My dr told me I could work however long I wanted to. The reason I stopped at 32 is because my hips and back ached from being on my feet all day and walking around. And I'd only get a 15-30 mins break during a shift. I didn't deliver until 38w/1day on my scheduled csection so I'm glad I didn't work myself too hard towards the end.

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I worked until the Friday before I delivered on a Monday (38 weeks 1 day). The hardest party of my job was the commute, so I started WFM 2-3 days a week from 30-32 weeks on.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"