Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Do you wake your baby to nurse at night?

My daughter is 8 weeks old.  She's been sleeping well (much better than my first 2).  Should I wake to nurse after a certain amount of time?

Re: Do you wake your baby to nurse at night?

• nope... doc said not to let her go past 5 hours tho.....  but she wakes up every 3-4 hours at night. She is 4 weeks old

Married 08-04-13
    BFP 12-31-13
    EDD 09-01-14

image"Lilypie">

• Generally, if baby is past birthweight, no need to wake up at night... assuming baby is nursing frequently during the day (8-12 nursing sessions in a 24 hour period for a young baby is pretty standard). 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Nope. Once my LO regained his birth weight, our pedi said he could sleep as long as he wanted to.
  • Nope. Once my LO regained his birth weight, our pedi said he could sleep as long as he wanted to.

This. But I find if I go too long, I leak everywhere. So in this case I pump whenever I wake up.
  • Mine was a preemie so I had to. Enjoy the fact that your Lo is sleeping well. It doesn't last forever. 
  • No way Jose. Let baby sleep, when there're hungry they'll wake up.

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• Yes. Dr said to wake every 2-3 hous. Also u wanna prevent dehydration.
  • Luckily my DD wakes up on her own every few hours to eat, so I have not needed to wake her  up yet.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
                                   DS 10/02/09  DD 03/28/11
  • I posted this in Aug14...but at what point do you get lo up? I used to hear her scream/cry to tell me she was hungry. Lately she just makes noises and seems restless. Do I get her up to feed or wait it out to see if she self-soothes back to sleep?
  • I posted this in Aug14...but at what point do you get lo up? I used to hear her scream/cry to tell me she was hungry. Lately she just makes noises and seems restless. Do I get her up to feed or wait it out to see if she self-soothes back to sleep?

I always let my LO wait bc sometimes it just has and he's making noises and he will pull his legs up a little bit. I only get him up to feed if he's continuously fussing and moving around a lot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"