December 2013 Moms
Options

Nap strike

Help! DD is 9 months old and won't nap! She'll be up for 3-4 hours at a time during the day and still won't nap. Sometimes she seems happy but sometimes she just screams. What is happening?

Re: Nap strike

• Options
    I'm pretty sure this is normal. Sometimes mine will go 6-7 hours without napping.

• Options
    They seem to start dropping naps around now. My LO is a few days from 9 months. He takes two naps early in the day. Then he's up for 5-7 hours until bedtime.

Is your LO doing a "testing my voice" scream - or is she upset?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm lucky if I get two naps at of L. He usually takes a morning nap but the second nap is hit or miss. So there are plenty if days were he is up for sometimes an 8 hour stretch.
  • Options
    DS turned 9 months last week. We are in napping HELL. I've been getting maybe 2 30-45 minute naps a day. Sometimes a good morning nap and than up for 5-8 hours!! I hope he goes back to 2 good naps soon or transitions to one very very long nap.

My other 2 kids went to one long nap at around 11 months and dropped naps completely at 2 years old.
    Andrea 7/9/08, Joaquin 4/18/11, boy coming 12/18/13 Forever missed: Gabriel 11/24/09 at 20 weeks
  • Options
    Kiddo was previously taking 3 naps per day, but the last week or two has been really inconsistent.  I think he's about ready to drop a nap, but I'm not sure how to help him with the transition.  He seems tired at his usual nap times (rubbing eyes, etc), but then will sit up in his crib, yell, and not sleep.  However if I try to consolidate to 2 naps (basically shift the first two naps 30-60 mins later than usual), then he is overtired and won't sleep either.  Arg.  So really I have no advice, just wanted to say that I can relate!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My little guy fights sleep like crazy. Like, he'll be clearly exhausted, but WILL NOT nap. Sometimes at night, I have to physically hold him still just so he will go to sleep. I'm still breastfeeding, and just this week realized that the pot+ of coffee I drink per day probably isn't helping, so I switched to tea, and we'll see how he does on less caffeine. Maybe see if there is anything like that sneaking into his diet, like extra sugar or something?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"