January 2015 Moms

Losing weight because of streas and vomiting

hey ladies. I posted recently that my boyfriend left me 6 months pregnant. I am a ball of nerves and keep vomiting from the stress I have lost 6 lbs in a week. Dr didn't seem concern but wondering if anyone knows of anything I could eat or drink that wouldn't upset my stomach. Toast is getting old

Re: Losing weight because of streas and vomiting

• U are ao awesome! Thanks for the reaponse
  • That sucks. :-( That's one of my body's first responses to stress, too. I eat a lot of white rice, sometimes steamed or simmered in broth, topped with lemon juice, or there are cheap rice seasonings available at the Asian market in town. Bananas usually go down well, too. Smoothies are great if you can hold them. I can also sometimes do eggs. I might fry an egg and put it on my rice with soy sauce or even make a lightly seasoned rice omelette (scrambled eggs, a little sugar, and some soy sauce with maybe a sheet of dried seaweed and cooked rice thrown in but that can obviously be modified).

Hope you find some stress relief. It sounds counter-intuitive in your situation, but often exercising helps settle my nerves (like a long walk or stationary bike or long swim). Hope you feel better soon. <3 Will keep you in my thoughts (and prayers if the idea of strangers on the internet talking to their God about you doesn't freak you out too much).
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry about the situation with your ex-BF.

When I was having trouble keeping stuff down, what worked for me was cheese and crackers, mashed potatoes (you can add other stuff for nutrients like cheese, broccoli, shredded chicken), grits, soup with crackers, and I also made a pasta salad kind of like this except I think I added avocado, tomatoes, and artichokes, and I used mozzarella instead of feta.
    Spinach Pasta Salad
    https://allrecipes.com/recipe/spinach-pasta-salad/detail.aspx

Basically, all the carbs. I hope you feel better.
  • During my first trimester I couldn't keep anything down. I took my prenatals at night and called it " feeding the baby" during the day I would go to my local vegan cafe and get a pregnancy smoothie just to ensure that I was giving the baby something. I'm not sure if that is helpful. It might be in your situation a better bennifit if you seek counseling or some emotional support. Then maybe eat up some comfort food, Mac and cheese, chicken pot pie, you know the good stuff :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"