Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Wake her from naps?

Hey all! DD is still taking a nap in the afternoon for about 2.5-3 hours. She does still give several indications that she needs a nap (at least most days) and tends to fall asleep fairly quickly. However, for the past week or so, she seems to have had a really tough time falling asleep at night. We'll do the normal night time routine and have her down at 8, but she will lay awake in bed singing, chatting, etc. until 9:30 sometimes 10:00!!! This tells me she's getting too much day time sleep, though I hate to wake her from naps. I am a strong proponent for letting the body sleep as long as it needs to, but I can't help but feel like she can't possibly be getting enough sleep this way. She'll wake on her own in the mornings despite the late bed time around 6:30 or 6:45. Any advice? Do I wake her from naps? TIA! 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Wake her from naps?

• Options
    DD just turned 3 and for the last year or so has gone through phases of not napping for a week or 2, not going to sleep until 9/9:30 for a week or two, etc.  I might give it a little more time in case it is a phase.   "Normally" she goes to bed around 8, goes to sleep around 8:30 and sleeps until 6-6:30. Nap is around 1:00 and she sleeps around 2-2.5 hours.
  • Options
    We went through that spell a couple of months ago. We tried skipping naps, waking her up early from naps, and moving her bedtime around. It still took her up to two hours to fall asleep at night. Apparently, it was just a phase, because she stopped doing it after a few weeks. She's back to her normal schedule now. She's awake around 7AM, goes down for her nap between 12:30/1PM, and is in bed at 8PM. The only thing we have changed is not letting her sleep past 3PM (even if she goes down for a later nap). If we let her go past that time, it takes her about an hour or so longer to fall asleep at night.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"