August 2014 Moms
Options

disagreement over social media

Do you and your H/SO have the same viewpoint on posting pics on social media? I thought we did...we created a private photo bucket account that is password protected, then gave that link out to all the grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. That's where I post a daily pic. I know that Facebook owns Instagram so it's not like it's "better", but we've felt more comfortable posting pics of him on IG because we have less people following both our accounts on there. So there are a few of him up on IG, and fewer on FB, including none that show his face clearly. The reasoning my husband gave me for not wanting a lot of pictures of LO out there is sound, and I agree - but I thought we also agreed we could post a *few* here and there. I took some totally adorable shots yesterday to mark his six week birthday, but hubs doesn't want me to put even one of those on IG. They're totally adorable and nothing that would embarrass LO later in life. I guess he's just more conservative about it than I thought!
Southern California
Together for six years, married for five
BFP 12/06/13 - EDD 8/11/14 
BABY BOY born 8/14/14!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: disagreement over social media

• Options
    I think I'm more conservative about the matter but I'm also the only one who post anything on fb or IG. I've posted maybe 10 pics. Sorry you guys are having a misunderstand. Maybe he's being overprotective because it's all still so new.
  • Options
    We're also doing a password-protected account for family and considerably more posting on IG than FB (which got the initial announcement and nothing since) for the same reasons @FrodaBaggins‌.

I'm doing all the posting tho and all DH has done is post photos of himself in the hooded baby towels. Yes, that's "photos" plural.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We posted like 3 pictures to FB. We asked Grandma not to post any though. We set up photo shares on our iPhones, so anyone with an appleID is able to be invited by me and can view, like, and comment. I feel like it's a little better than FB.
  • Options
    we set up a secret group on FB that we post her pictures to. family is all far away and FB is the most accessible. there are some pictures of her on FB and IG, but we have agreed to keep that to a minimum and only select pictures.
    sorry you are not able to come to an agreement on posting some of the new cute pics, it is so hard to not share the cuteness sometimes :)

• Options
    We set up a photo share with our iPhones/iPads as well at the suggestion from someone on here, and it has been working wonderfully! I'm with you though, I just post a photo here and there on fb, nothing embarrassing and definitely not over sharing.
  • Options
    We are going to set up a phone share on our Apple devices. It works well for my brother and his family.

I have FB but H does not. We are both cautious what we put on there so there's very little of our LO there. What pics I do post, I ask H if he is okay with it first.
  • Options
    You know, DH and I never even talked about it. I just do it. He's never said anything. We live 500 miles from his family so I post pictures to keep them included.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options

We have kept LO very low profile on FB. I talk about him occasionally, but I have barely posted any pictures except his initial pics from the hospital. I know too many oversharers and I don't want to be one of those people, so that is my main reasoning.

What bothers me is that one of my aunts has been pestering my mom to post pics because this aunt unfriended me a couple years ago over a stupid disagreement. My mom agrees that there don't need to be a bunch of pics and barely posts anything to FB herself, so she is just ignoring her sister. Honestly, if she want to see him, she lives 7 miles from me and she is the one with the problem with me, I have offered to get together with her and got ignored.

I have become very private since getting pregnant and I don't see that changing anytime soon. I feel like I want to hoard LO all to myself. H just goes with my lead.

August 2014 January Siggy Challenge

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"