February 2013 Moms
Options

I may die...

Amelia still seems to be suffering with Reflux despite the meds-- though the meds have made a huge difference.  I'm afraid that I may need to start taking things out of my diet to help her.  The LC recommended starting with dairy and my morning coffee.  No cheese, no yogurt, no ice cream.  Lord help me...

I know several moms here have done it, how did you survive? I'm giving up my three favorite foods (cheese, yogurt, and coffee)-- and all my comfort foods (ice cream and coffee)!

We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

Re: I may die...

• Options
    tamarar5tamarar5 member
    edited September 2014

Oh, question too.  Giving up dairy for breastfeeding, I know I should do the hidden dairy too.  What should I be looking for? Do I need to completely give up all dairy products and stuff or will cutting it mostly out still achieve the same effect? (Meaning, can I still put butter on my toast?)

Edit: spelling

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    I second the coconut milk ice cream and earth balance butter! I also love almond milk and after being vegan for a couple years, I have found very satisfying replacements/alternatives to almost everything, except cheese. Vegan cheese is ... Eh.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did it for the same reason with both girls. It was hard for me initially, but got used to it pretty quick. And the weight does fall off! Good luck!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Baby BROTHER is on the way! ~ EDD 6/12/2015
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How long has she been on the meds for? I was told it can take up to 3 weeks to kick in. And what's she on?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have read that it is most of the time NOT a dairy issue or an intolerance of any kind.  And yes, reflux meds do take a while to take effect completely.  Plus, as I mentioned before, we liked Zantac, but we loved Prevacid.  Finally, you have to have the doctor adjust the dose for weight, so in the beginning, that can be a lot of adjusting.  I did not cut anything out when we had reflux issue with M and I have not thought she has any intolerances or allergies to this day...  I did end up staying up holding her upright a lot, and that may not be an option for you, with your brood, as I'm sure I could not stay up most of the night and also take care of M.  Propping and babywearing helped too.  We used the boppy with a blanket over it.  The rock n play helped at night and we also had a vibrating bouncer chair that sort of positioned her upright that she loved that we occasionally let her sleep in...new baby hates it...
  • Options
    With DS it was the casein causing the problem. It was rough in the beginning and I definitely had a huge breakdown in the middle of a restaurant because I couldn't find anything I wanted to eat, but it got so much easier after a few weeks. Basic fruits and veggies with hummus, coconut yogurt, dairy free bread from a local bakery, and meat were my go to foods. I'm a huge cheese person and obsessed with dry toast during pregnancy and pp, those were the absolute hardest things to give up.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Rosebean said:

How long has she been on the meds for? I was told it can take up to 3 weeks to kick in. And what's she on?

She's on (generic) Zantac, and we've been doing it since last Monday. My pedi recommended only doing it as needed, so we didn't initially start with the twice daily dose — though I went to that on the morning of day 3 after she spit up her entire dose on night 2. So 5 days of two times a day? .8ml dosage.

I did not know it would take so long to kick in and work. I thought it would be just like taking Zantac as an adult and work immediately. I was all ready to start our cutting out the dairy... I left the butter of my toast, then put cheese on my eggs. Fail! #-o

Lilypie - (2q9u)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"