March 2012 Moms
Options

Wake from naps?

mariahd43mariahd43 member
edited September 2014 in March 2012 Moms
Hi ladies! It's been quite a while since I've posted on here, though I love everyone's check ins and posts on the Facebook group! 
DD is still taking a nap in the afternoon for about 2.5-3 hours. She does still give several indications that she needs a nap (at least most days) and tends to fall asleep fairly quickly. However, for the past week or so, she seems to have had a really tough time falling asleep at night. We'll do the normal night time routine and have her down at 8, but she will lay awake in bed singing, chatting, etc. until 9:30 sometimes 10:00!!! This tells me she's getting too much day time sleep, though I hate to wake her from naps. I am a strong proponent for letting the body sleep as long as it needs to, but I can't help but feel like she can't possibly be getting enough sleep this way. She'll wake on her own in the mornings despite the late bed time around 6:30 or 6:45. Any advice? Do I wake her from naps? TIA! 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Wake from naps?

• Options
    When is she napping? DD's bedtime is also 8, but she needs to be awake by 4 to make that happen. I will wake her up. She normally naps 1-3, but with a busy morning, she can easily go after 4.
  • Options
    Her typical nap is 1:30-4 or so.. I'd say 1:30 is about the time she's really ready for a nap, but we could certainly try pushing it back a bit!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would try to make sure she doesn't go past 4 so she's got 4 hours of play before bed.
  • Options
    I agree she's probably napping too late? Could you put her down for her nap earlier? DS naps from about 12:30-3:00 most days. He has a later bedtime though (9:15 or so). But he clearly still needs the daytime nap. My mom did suggest waking him so we can move bedtime earlier, but he's so grumpy whenever I do wake him from a nap, I figure I should just let him sleep.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"