June 2013 Moms
Options

Let's compare apps

In an effort to not watch TV I'm trying to invest in a few apps that will hold the interest of either kid in case of emergency.

The super why app was cool only because of the stickers.

I found Busy Shapes and Alpha Tots that are actually a lot of fun to play.

Do y'all have any recommendations?
                                                              #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13

Re: Let's compare apps

• Options
    Alex really likes the Daniel Tiger app. You get to flush Daniel's toilet, so obviously it's totally entertaining. There's an app called Baby View that has little interactive things that Alex likes and it's all bright, simple colors. The only other one we use is a finger painting app. It's only available for iPad and I can't remember what it's called, but I just searched baby finger paint and it came up. I'll add the name when I can get to the iPad.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Apparently the painting one is PaintSparkle.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    B really likes this one called Magic Fingers- it plays classical music and when he hits the screen he can draw pictures and stuff. It's a little better on the iPad- but he likes it on the phone too- mostly because he likes the music.
    image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • Options
    G loves Peekaboo Barn and Infant Zoo.  The Toca Boca apps are also really fun, Toca Train is the best one.  The rest of them are a little too advanced to hold a 1 year old's attention for very long, but I may or may not have played the cooking one on a plane ride for 30 minutes while G slept...  
  • Options
    VASC said:

All my LO wants to do is press the iPad button, which closes the app. How do you prevent your LOs from doing this?

I have no idea, but when I realized this morning that LO can find the right icon to reopen the apps he likes, I decided it was time to reevaluate his screen time.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"