September 2014 Moms

FTM Past due date!!!!

My due date was yesterday and my cervix is still high and very closed I'm a FTM an sooo anxious to meet my LO..I'm hopin I don't need to be induced worst fear is a C-section

Re: FTM Past due date!!!!

• Loading the player...
  • I've had 2 c-sections and they really aren't that big of a deal. Don't focus your energy worrying about that. No matter what happens be thankful you delivered a baby. And like others said, it's incredibly common to go past your due date. Have patience.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had to be induced and I was in the same boat you are, I was completely closed, but they induced me because my water had already broken. My highest fear was also a c-section, but I ended up delivering vaginally just fine. Just focus your energy in delivering a healthy baby, and try not to imagine the worst. I know it's easier said than done, though. Also, my midwife said they usually try not to do c-sections unless baby is under distress, so don't worry, if you need one, it will be because it is what's best for baby.
  • I was induced with my first, completely closed and showing no signs of labor. It ended in a vaginal delivery.

Induced with my second at 2 weeks past due and dilated to a 3, and it ended in a c-section because her position made it impossible for her to move down the birth canal. It would have ended in a c-section no matter how I went into labor. And though I was planning a med free birth and a c-section was the last thing in the world that I wanted, it really wasn't bad at all and in the end, it really didn't matter and she and I are both healthy and happy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everyone for your stories makes me feel a lot better
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"