Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Sex after D&C

I had my D&C on September 5th, so just over three weeks ago.  I had my follow up last Friday and the doctor said it was now ok for intercourse.  We waited s few days and then had sex, which was fine.  Last night we had sex again and the next day I bled more than the first time.  The first time was little to none.  Just wondering how long this is going to go on for. I told my husband I think we should lay off for a bit.  

Re: Sex after D&C

• It really depends on the person. I've had sex 2 weeks after and never had bleeding and then after another D&C I waited a month or so and still had bleeding. 

All you can do is let yourself heal and take it easy. You might call your doctor if it continues for too much longer. 
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • With my first D&C I was told to wait two weeks and had no issues with bleedin afterwards. Although mine was a suction procedure rather than a scraping procedure. This one I just had today was the same so I am hoping after two weeks we will be fine to go as I have been on pelvic rest since 5DPO.

But yes everyone is different that has just been my experience. Follow your bodies lead. If you are getting bleeding maybe waiting a few days to see if that helps? Good luck.
    BFP:  April 5, 2013 m/c #1 @ 4 weeks
    BFP:  May 1, 2013, twins hbs seen @ 6.5 weeks, mmc #2 @ 8 weeks, D&E July 2, 2013.  
    BFP:  January 10, 2014 m/c #3 @ 5 weeks.
    BFP:  August 11, 2014, 400mg progesterone suppositories started immediately.  HB seen @ 6 weeks. mmc #4 at 7 weeks, D&E September 27, 2014.
    RE Referral:  January 2015. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you for the replies.  I am definitely going to wait a few more days, my husband thought it might be my period, but it definitely isn't.  I am sure that will come within the next few weeks. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"