March 2014 Moms
Options

How often do you bathe LO

How often do you bathe LO? I currently bathe her twice a weeK. Is this enough since she is not crawling yeT.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: How often do you bathe LO

• Options
    Once or twice a week, unless there a blowout or he's been held by a lot if people.
    Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
    Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

• Options
    Every other night
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    2-3 times a week.
  • Options
    Every other night.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    3 times a week. My MIL bathes her on Tues/Thurs, and we bathe her once on the weekend.

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Also every other night. Unless she's been around a lot of people or touched a lot. She gets a bath those nights even if she had one the night before.
    TTC since December 2011
    Me: 29 ovulatory disorder
    DH: 30 MFI - low everything

IUI #1: 11/5/12 BFN
    December IUI cancelled due to cyst
    IUI #2: 1/8/13 BFN

IVF in April 2013 transferred one beautiful blast on 4/13
    Beta #1 4/22: BFP!! 33 Beta #2 54 Beta #3 70 Beta #4 83 Beta #5 105. Possible ectopic, MTX and M/C 5w4d

FET 6/21 - Beta #1: 79 BFP!! Beta #2: 253 U/S 7/12: saw the sac! U/S #2 7/19 great heartbeat of 127!! U/S #3 heartbeat of 154! U/S #4 graduated to OB

EDD 3/9/14

imageimage

• Options
    Hmm, I can't say for sure.
    LO sometimes showers with me in the morning, sometimes a midday or evening bath.

I don't think he can get any dirtier when he starts crawling than he gets when he tries to feed himself.

I'd say I 'try' to get each kid cleaned every other day, but it doesn't happen that way.
    DS1 usually has a shower every 3rd or 4th day. He may be lucky enough to get a bath in between.
    LO sometimes baths with DS1, and occasionally showers with me and DH.

Lets say ~minimum 7 times a month he gets a full blown cleaning. Lol.
  • Options
    Every day to keep the routine for bedtime. But if I didn't, @CHPhotoMama‌ , I would wipe down the food residue while I was changing him into his pajamas.
  • Options
    We talked about this when the babies were really little, but my answer has changed. We used to be every other day or every third day but since he's started solids and starting going to daycare we wash or rinse him almost every night. It's part of the bedtime routine and I hate messing with that.
  • Options
    @CHPhotoMama‌
    LO gets really messy when eating so he gets a washcloth wipe down after eating, just like his big brother.
    We make it fun and he laughs when I do it. I wipe his entire face and even his hair sometimes. (He has lost most of his hair since birth).

If he gets food down his shirt then he gets another wipe down when getting his pjs on.

As for drool and spit up ... LO doesn't spit up except on very rare occasions. Drool ... Ya, but I wipe his face frequently throughout the day or he mashes his face into a blanket and dries himself that way.
  • Options
    About every 3rd day.
        image  image

• Options
    He gets bathed daily, we sometimes miss a night if we're busy and out late. That usually happens once every couple if weeks.
  • Options
    I just bathed/showered both kids.
    :D
    LO peed the very minute I put him in the water. Lol.
  • Options
    Nightly.

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • Options
    We only do about once a week. I know it sounds like an excuse, but I have no time! Will falls asleep about 6:00/6:30 right after we walk in the door. And he wakes up at 5 am then sleeps until it's time to leave in the morning. On the mornings he's awake I take him in the shower with me but that's not very often. I wipe him down pretty frequently.
  • Options
    Every night unless we are out late or she's extremely fussy/tired. She loves then and It gives her and DH time together.
    Kinley Diane
    Born 2/4/14
    Weighing 6 lbs 10 oz and 20 inches long

• Options
    Every other day (unless there's a blowout or some other mess).  I know it's been talked about before but I was wondering about it again too now that the babes are a bit older.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Sooo... What do you do when your baby is messy from baby food if you don't bathe them every day? Just a wipe down? Just wondering. I feel like a bath is do much easier than trying to wipe her down with a wipe or cloth.
    A dampened washcloth.

• Options
    When I think to myself "when was the last time he got a bath?" And I don't know the answer. It is about once or twice a week. He gets regular wipe downs and isn't a really messy eater, but even then he gets a good wipe down. If he has a poop explosion he gets one.
    Married 11/23/11, TTC starting 10/12, BFP#1 11/30/12, Adoption of stepson finalized 03/19/13,Loss of our daughter at 20w4d due to incompetent cervix 03/27/13, BFP#2 06/28/13, DS2 born 3/1/14.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Every night. It's part of our bedtime routine.
  • Options
    Every night - my big kids too. It's just always been part of our nightly routine....and we don't have much of a routine that's just our one thing :)  Lydia starts getting fussy and tired around 5:00 or 5:30 these days. I try and distract her for awhile, then give her a bath and get her ready for bed. She's down before 7:00 most nights.
    imageimage 
  • Options
    Every night. DS1 and DS2 at the same time: Bath with a squeeze Thomas the Train that is used to squirt DS2 in the eye balls and up the nostrils. When DS2 has had enough waterboarding, hubs gets son 1 in pjs and I dress and feed baby. 
    Domesticated: 1 Hubs; 2 sons; 3 cats; & Broke

• Options
    PerkyErky said:
    When I think to myself "when was the last time he got a bath?" And I don't know the answer. It is about once or twice a week. He gets regular wipe downs and isn't a really messy eater, but even then he gets a good wipe down. If he has a poop explosion he gets one.
    Haha!  Pretty much this exactly!
  • Options
    How often do you bathe LO? I currently bathe her twice a weeK. Is this enough since she is not crawling yet?

Wait, wait, wait...forget crawling - doesn't your baby poop at least once a day?? That's enough reason to bathe often, don't ya think?!
    I've been bathing my baby girl every other night since she was 2 months old. Only a few times have we skipped a night so 2 nights in between and we def don't skip that 3rd night. Bath time is part of her routine. She knows after a bath comes bottle then bed. I highly suggest bathing every night or every other, regardless of crawling.  

• Options
    Thank goodness Will only poops every 3 days.
  • Options
    HKline922 said:

How often do you bathe LO? I currently bathe her twice a weeK. Is this enough since she is not crawling yet?

Wait, wait, wait...forget crawling - doesn't your baby poop at least once a day?? That's enough reason to bathe often, don't ya think?!
    I've been bathing my baby girl every other night since she was 2 months old. Only a few times have we skipped a night so 2 nights in between and we def don't skip that 3rd night. Bath time is part of her routine. She knows after a bath comes bottle then bed. I highly suggest bathing every night or every other, regardless of crawling.  

Ummm no. LO averages one poop a week, and even then I don't give him a bath on "poop days@ unless it's a blowout. our water is high in chlorine so indknt want to give him a bath more than necessary.
    Also, we stay home about 85% of the time and he doesn't get sorry enough to warrant a bath everyday or even every 3 days.
    Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
    Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"