Food Allergy

Best egg substitute for baking?

My 2 yo was just diagnosed with an egg allergy.   Hopefully she will grow out of it, but for now I want to eliminate egg from her diet.  Any suggestions for egg substitutions in baking?  She doesn't eat much with egg, but I want to know my options!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Best egg substitute for baking?

• I use unsweetened applesauce. 1/4 cup of applesauce = 1 egg. I've used it with great success in making pancakes, cookies, and other baked goodies. It works well if you're replacing 1-2 eggs. If your recipe calls for more eggs, I'd recommend a different substitution. I've heard good things about Ener-G egg replacer, but I've never used it myself.
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • You can make an egg substitute with ground flaxseeds (flax meal) or chia seeds. It's equal parts seeds and water. So, a tablespoon of each, let it sit a few minutes, and it gets an egg-like consistency.
    A
    Baby G born November 14th, 2012 after 2 years of trying + IVF - our little miracle! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It really depends on what you are using the egg for, binding, or moisture, etc.
    https://www.egglesscooking.com/egg-substitutes/
    Bananna and baking soda are my personal favorites!
  • Thanks, everyone!  I will try these out and see what works best for various things.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• I mostly use ground flax (1T ground flax + 3T water = 1 egg).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"