October 2013 Moms
Options

Recommend your Wagon

dovetail223dovetail223 member
edited September 2014 in October 2013 Moms
I'm wanting to get DD one for her bday. I'm looking for folding wagons - I think. Anyone have one they love? Not sure if we have talked about these yet...

Re: Recommend your Wagon

• Options
    IDK, but I want one. All the ones I have seen are crazy expensive though...
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    I've decided to get a Radio Flyer ranger wagon. Doesn't fold, but it's around $68. You can remove the seat back
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    it's not folding, but i bought this one on sale (https://www.target.com/p/radio-flyer-ultimate-comfort-wagon/-/A-11261977#prodSlot=medium_1_2&term=radio+flyer+deluxe)

i kinda wish i had a folding one, since this one is a pain to bring anywhere..we do take it every once in a while though.

• Options
    Guise. The Ranger wagon is way cheap, and you can remove the seat back and it's a classic wagon! I've been researching this for months. Obsessed.

• Options
    @jennlin   lol
    you know it! i needed the canopy for rain, and the caryallbag cause i'm a packrat. i got it for just over 100 or something, so less expensive than that basic one you posted ;)

• Options
    baconface said:
    Where is everyone taking these wagons? Just to take walks around your neighborhood, or out places? I never thought of this as something to get. 
    we do nightly walks in the neighborhood when the weather is nice. we also use it when we do picnics or for some other reason will be at a park for a long period of time...good for hauling crap. we also took it with us to the fair.

• Options
    We like to go places like the beach, park, walks, farmers market and I was thinking if we had another kid it might be smaller than a double stroller to keep in the car. Also DD could nap in it lying flat. She's a crappy stroller napper.
  • Options
    This is what we have.  I think we've actually used it more inside the house when the weather was cold than we have outside, although that will change now that it is cooling off.  

We take it around the neighborhood.  

image image
    LO then (2 days) and now (1 year)
  • Options
    We like to go places like the beach, park, walks, farmers market and I was thinking if we had another kid it might be smaller than a double stroller to keep in the car. Also DD could nap in it lying flat. She's a crappy stroller napper.
    it's about the same size as our double stroller, bigger, but only slightly.......more awkward to get in/out of the car. the kids like the wagon more than the stroller, though.

• Options
    YESSS!!!!!

This is the one we want too. I'm hoping DH's parents will buy it!

Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. DS born 10-16-13.
    TTC #2 in December 2014. BFP 12-31-14. Expecting a September baby!
  • Options

We have this one.  I keep meaning to get the trailer for it.

wagon:
    https://www.step2.com/p/Wagon-for-Two-Plus

trailer:
    https://www.step2.com/p/Tag-Along-Trailer-Plus

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    So for those of you that don't have a folding one..do you wish it did? I was originally wanting folding but maybe it doesn't matter
  • Options
    So for those of you that don't have a folding one..do you wish it did? I was originally wanting folding but maybe it doesn't matter
    sometimes. i have no idea what a folding one costs, or weight limits on it. when i see one though, i get envious thinking about how much more portable it would be. i feel like it would be less sturdy than the one i have, and that's what i tell myself when i see it. i also picked radio flyer based on resale value, so that was a factor in my decision.

• Options
    wedding06 said:

Your kids don't climb out of these? Or are there straps I'm not seeing?
    DS would climb out if it stopped moving unless he was strapped down I think.

Oh and check out craigslist. We got a wagon for our elderly dog (RIP) when he couldn't walk anymore and got a radio flyer for $30 in good condition.

There are straps in mine, but we don't use them. Toddler climbs in and out at her convenience during the walk and ds is distracted when we give him a leaf. He doesn't try to get out until he's DONE, and in that case I would just pick him up.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"