TTC after 35

I'm OUT!

It is AMAZING how much you can mind f*ck yourself into thinking that you ARE pregnant! That is exactly what I did this cycle. In my head, I was CERTAIN I would get a BFP. I had tender/sore breasts which I never get. Constant mild cramping. Frequent urination. Dizzy spells.
And then... I'm at work .. and there it f*ckin' is ... AF!
I am SO disappointed and as always, SHOCKED. WTF!
I scheduled an appt with my OB for mid-month.
Just thought I'd share and vent a little. Get it off my chest. I've only confided in one other close friend. Haven't even told DH yet that AF arrived. Last week I told him I was feeling "funny," but didn't want to go into detail just in case. Didn't want to get his hopes up too.  :(

Me: 38 ~  DH: 38 ~   DD: 8
TTC #2 since March/April 2014.

Re: I'm OUT!

• Big hug to you @TAT2MAMI.
    I totally understand because I have done that a few times over the past 2 years. It's such a mind fuck when your body has all these symptoms that could be pms or pregnancy.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Serious hugs to you, @TAT2MAMI‌, and a big screw you to AF. It just sucks. At least have a big ol' glass of wine to tide you over.

Me: 35, He: 41. Baby #1!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Blech--I'm so sorry. Definitely been there, too. I hope you and your OB can work out a plan of action that gets you where you want to be!
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• So sorry! This describes my last two months almost perfectly. AF showed up two days early in July. She was right on time in August which also happened to be my birthday and the day I hoped to get a BFP. :/ It sucked!!
  • c018924c018924 member
    edited September 2014
    I'm going thru same thing this month.....I am so hopeful, I will be devastated if it comes this cycle
  • I totally did that last month. AF was a day later than she had been and I totally had my hopes dashed when she showed.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Hugs and chocolate

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

• I'm so sorry, R. I know the feeling. I hope it happens for you soon.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Another relating... hope you do something you enjoy today.  Chocolate, wine, icecream- even all three, whatever it takes!
  • @tat2mami I was the same way this month too.  It all seemed perfect and phantom symptoms so strong.  And on top I was 5 days late.  I was hoping for a late O and a BFP on that stick...but no she finally arrived.  HUGS!  I agree with @kelley72  Do something for yourself today.
    ****Siggy Warning***
    ~Formerly ABabyMabe4us

Me(35) Him(35) Untied for life 4/1/2015.
    TTC Our 1st since 8/2014
    MC @ 7 weeks 5/2014
    Me: DD#1 3/2000, DD#2 6/2001, DS 5/2003
    BFP: 2/19/2015 EDD: 11/1/2015 IT'S A BOY!!!!

• i'm so sorry!  i agree with @kelley72 go get some wine and chocolate! and take a long bath!

Me: 35 DH: 41

DS:  12/25/2008

DD:  04/06/2010

• Hugs @tat2mami - I feel like I'm in the same boat this month. AF is due Saturday and my whole body feels like it is just waiting for that to kick off.

I agree - have some wine!!
  • So sorry to hear, this happened to me several times too. It sucks that AF symptoms are sometimes similar to pregnancy symptoms :-( Wine and chocolate, enjoy. And crossing fingers for next month.
    Single mom of DD (2010), TTC #2 since June 2013.
    Occasionally I'm blogging about my life with flybaby.
  • Unfortunately we've all been threw it. Hugs to u & good luck on your upcoming cycle
  • Thanks so much ladies. You're all wonderful and I appreciate all of the words of support and encouragement. I'm feeling better today, but still so disappointed. My Ovia App predicted the exact day AF would come and dammit, it did!
    Hopefully the appointment with my OB will shed some light on what's going on.

Thanks again. Hoping for BFP's for you ladies out there who are still in the 2WW! Fingers Crossed!! :)

• Dammit. When I first read the heading I thought you were referring to graduating. But I'm so sorry to hear another month comes. The symptoms happened to me 2 cycles ago so now goin forward I don't think I'm even going to know when it does happen.
    TTC#1 since Aug 2013, I'm 37, DH 41.  
    Maya Arvigo Abdominal massage (daily self care), plus TTC meditations.
    I'm very sensitive to diet (gluten, avoid processed foods) and environment. Have a history of inflammation and tendinitis before going off gluten in 2009.  
    July 2014 - RE Visit #1: Eggs look good, Endometrioma on R ovary, HSG showed blocked R tube close to ovary. DH SA normal 
    DX: Endometriosis probably the IF cause and gunking up tubes.  Since egg reserve is high, RE says I can wait a couple months and then get laproscopic surgery to remove endo & clear tube.  If that doesn't help then move to IVF. 
    Dec 2014 - Saw new RE - does not recommend surgery on tube as it isn't likely to help.  Doubts I have endometriosis.  My endometrioma shrunk to neglible size (yay!) 
    Seriously considering IVF in March/April
    12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
  • @Radiantly - Thanks girl. I still can't get over how much I mind fucked myself. I even lurked on the June 2015 board! THAT'S how convinced I was! UGH! I won't be doing that again!!!
    Wishing you the best in your journey! xo

• @TAT2MAMI, I'm sorry AF showed up when you had such high hopes. don't worry I'm sure your time is soon, and besides, I've heard the June 15 board is kinda lame, we're so much cooler anyway. ;)
  •  @flyliceandcoffee - LOL! You're funny about the June Board. I bet the JULY board is SOO much cooler! I hope to get into THAT one! ;)
    P.S. Thank you!

• It sucks how our bodies and minds play tricks on each other :(  Hugs to you!
    Me 41  DH 33  Married 09/03/2011
    DD1  EDD 08/18/01, born 08/03/2001 ~ 9lbs 10oz, 21.5 in
    DS1  EDD 4/30/2004, born 05/04/2004 ~ 10lbs, 22 in
    mc 02/14/12 @ 5 weeks
    DD2  EDD 12/25/12, born 12/30/12 ~ 10lbs 11oz, 21.25 in
    mc 12/05/15 @ 12 weeks
    Cautiously expecting 12/02/16

• TAT2MAMI said:

Thanks so much ladies. You're all wonderful and I appreciate all of the words of support and encouragement. I'm feeling better today, but still so disappointed. My Ovia App predicted the exact day AF would come and dammit, it did!

Thanks again. Hoping for BFP's for you ladies out there who are still in the 2WW! Fingers Crossed!! :)

@Davie813 is going to kick me for asking this, but have you considered temping just to identify your exact O date? Also, are you using OPKs?

• TAT2MAMI said:

Thanks so much ladies. You're all wonderful and I appreciate all of the words of support and encouragement. I'm feeling better today, but still so disappointed. My Ovia App predicted the exact day AF would come and dammit, it did!

@Davie813 is going to kick me for asking this, but have you considered temping just to identify your exact O date? Also, are you using OPKs?
    @URMySunshine77, consider yourself virtually kicked!

Actually, @TAT2MAMI, I think that's a good idea.  It certainly can't hurt, and how great would it be if simply adjusting your timing did the trick?  Do as I say, not as I do... :)
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• Ugh - sorry! It's the worst.
  • Sorry! you'd think our bodies would be nice to us with the whole "keeping the species going" thing we're supposed to do...
    36, DH 31 TTC #1 since we got married, July 2014. http://FertilityFriend.com/home/522fa4/
  • So sorry. That is the worst. 
    Me 38 DH 40
    TTC since Dec 2010.
    Diagnosed anovulatory, HSG clear. Slight MFI- borderline count, but excellent motility and morphology 
    Nov. 12- Feb.13 Gonal F + Ovidrel + IUI = BFN
    Lap April 13. Found blocked tube and bridged fimbria. Opened tube and cut fimbria. All clear 
    June 13  Gonal F+ Pregnyl +IUI = BFN Stopped treatment with RE due to side effects from drugs and told we needed IVF.
    Oct. 13 started Accupuncture and Chinese herbs- being monitored by RE. Getting better response- e2 and follie size. 
    Now RE says TI till March, then IUI. Fingers crossed, 

All welcome
  • So sorry. I know it's no conciliation but I think we've all felt that way once or twice or several times during our journey. (Going to sound like a brat for a second..) It's not fair that PMS and early preg symptoms are the same! I find myself analyzing everything..."are my boobs more sore than they usually are? Etc." Like the other ladies said, go treat your self.
    ****Loss Mentioned***
    Me: 41 Him: 41
    TTC since December 2013
    HSG 9/18/14 = Tubes open but T shaped uterus
    IUI #1... 1/6/2015 + 50mg Clomid = BFN
    IUI #2... 1/29 & 30/2015 + 50mg Clomid +Tigger +Progesterone = BFN
    3/14 BFFP! Natural w/acupuncture & herbs only
    EDD = 11/22/15;  No heartbeat = 7/21/15
    Cooper Midnight Johnson born sleeping 7/25/2015

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • @URMySunshine77 @Davie813 -
    I have not been temping nor using OPK's, even though I have both. It's because we were just doing the NTNP thing, but I think I will start just to see where I'm really at.
    Thank you for nudge, even though @Davie813 had to be virtually kicked in the process. LoL

• That sounds good, @TAT2MAMI!

• @TAT2MAMI‌ , I'm sorry. That just sucks! Temping and OPKs gave me so much knowledge and confidence that I had good timing. When I went to my doctor, I felt confident we'd had good timing and weren't getting pregnant. I'd suggest temping and OPKs for a few months. If you have good timing and aren't pregnant, go to a RE if you're open to that. Don't waste time! :) good luck and as everyone says, take care of yourself!
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"