FFFC

Scandalize us!
F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails
   Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: FFFC

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    iwubrory said:
    #1 In the babbling poll it seemed like some people actually think their child is saying words. I think those people are being pretty nutty. #2 I was taking a nice bump 'n dump, as @MissDemeanor‌ would put it, with DD in her bouncer, she was getting really fussy and I didn't have a toy for her, so I pulled a George Constanza and gave her an empty toilet paper roll off the top of the garbage. X_X
    I can't decide which phrase I like better :-)

• Options
    paulheath said:
    This was prompted by the UOs yesterday. I agree it would be great if some financial management courses were taught at the high school level. FFFC: I don't think there is any excuse for a responsible adult to not know about basic financial principles. There are books, websites, professionals, your employer etc from which you can learn about financial planning, taxes, insurance, your employment benefits etc. And even worse than not knowing is saying "My DH looks after all that stuff".
    Sort of guilty of this. In that I don't have much of my own, but my H brought stuff into our marriage of which I have only the basic understanding. Investment accounts or something. I know we had to take some money out of that in order to afford our move, and I know the balance, but I'm clueless about the workings of investment accounts in general.

Also, my mom started my 401K when I was little, and I have no idea what it's in it. I have access to it, obviously, but never look and rarely contribute much. Definitely one of my Nashville goals.

I'm good with basic financials and budgeting, aka not living beyong my means. But it's the bigger, more long term stuff I need to work on. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Mamosey said:
    This is neither a FFFC nor a UO, but it seems to fit in with the discussion.  I cannot believe that there are grown adults with jobs that still do not have bank accounts.
    There are?!?!
  • Options
    JammersC said:
    This was prompted by the UOs yesterday. I agree it would be great if some financial management courses were taught at the high school level. FFFC: I don't think there is any excuse for a responsible adult to not know about basic financial principles. There are books, websites, professionals, your employer etc from which you can learn about financial planning, taxes, insurance, your employment benefits etc. And even worse than not knowing is saying "My DH looks after all that stuff".
    This is us, but DH and not me. If I die, he is so screwed.
    @jammersc Us too.  I am not sure DH even knows what bank we use.

• Options
    I am SO FAR BEHIND at work this week due to a confluence of factors, and I was dreading a 1pm meeting with my manager because I wasn't going to be anywhere NEAR where I needed to be on a joint project we're working on.

She has to cancel because she's leaving early to potentially put down her dog. I've DEVASTATED for her, she loves that dog so much. BUT I'm also relieved that I have the weekend to finish this thing and not look like a total idiot, which I feel totally guilty about. 

Suzy & Brian November 3, 2007 "...this one time, at band camp..." ;-)
    TTC #1 since 9/2012
    BFP #1 2/16/13, EDD 10/13/13, CP 2/21/13
    BFP #2 6/2/13
    Baby J-Bug 2/8/14 My Wedding Bio from back in the day
  • Options
    I started putting Halloween decorations up yesterday. I found so many awesome things on Pinterest and I couldn't wait any longer.
  • Options
    I've turned into a lurker here. Partly because I've been busy with work, but also, I wander in occasionally and feel like I have zero to add. :/

imageimage
  • Options
    My 56 y
    Mamosey said:

This is neither a FFFC nor a UO, but it seems to fit in with the discussion.  I cannot believe that there are grown adults with jobs that still do not have bank accounts.

My 56 year old father was one of those as he had always been paid "cash in hand"....when he got divorced last year he drove me mad as I had to explain and help him set up a bank account, direct befits, online banking etc
  • Options
    Re: bank accounts - there are people for whom banking is inaccessible, namely the poor.

imageimage
  • Options
    @katybriggs @djtippietoes Sooo.... are you going to share now that you've confessed, or do we have to beg? [-O<

Hit the button that looks like <> and then put your text after the
    at the bottom.
  • Options
    ramfan05 said:
    Earlier this week, I wanted a cookie. We didn't have any cookies. Well, not any grown-up cookies. I may have eaten 1 (or 3) of DD's arrowroot cookies.
    I'm 3/4 of the way through a package now. And it was already open, which I'm assuming was bf. They are yummy!
    F14 Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    I am messy. My bedroom looks like a 13 year old lives there. 33 years old is much too old to have clothes on the floor, but I do. A lot.

Also, LO fell out of bed the other day and got a bump on the head. When my bf asked about it, I just said it was from a bonk, because he hates that the baby sleeps with me
    F14 Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    @MissDemeanor‌ there are clothes all over my bedroom floor too. Every so often I dump them down the laundry chute. The real problem is that I need to put away clean clothes from the last few weeks.
  • Options
    FFFC: I have a half day next Friday and a whole day off the Friday after that. LO is going to DC. I'm so excited that I don't even know what I'll do! I feel like I should feel guilty and get LO early, but I just want to lay on the couch/go to a movie/sleep/eat lunch with both my hands.

FFFC: It didn't dawn on me until this week that h is having a hard time adjusting to parenthood too. I'm not the only one who's overwhelmed and missing some alone time. I assumed since he goes to work every day and really has continued life business as usual that he was all good.
  • Options

I organize my apps and folders on my phone alphabetically. The apps within the folders are also alphabetized. If only I could be so organized at home...

Me too! I'm a little OCD. Wow, that's the first time I've acknowledge that. 

I do this with my books, alphabetically by author then in series order...I also match clothes peg colours to items I'm hanging out to dry, stack my plates in colour order, and hang my clothes in the closet by use (work/casual/dressy), then item type and colour :)
    My SO says I have issues when he catches we re-pegging clothes etc
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I turned the sound down on the baby monitor yesterday when I was using it to play lullabies at LO while I showered....I forgot to turn it back up before bed :( LO could've been whinging all night and I wouldn't have heard a thing....still, the OH and I got an uninterrupted nights sleep, and that's what's important right ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"