Cloth Diapering
Options

Ok, tell me what you think...

So I'm getting a gift together for my SIL. I kind of wanted to do a sampler of different types of CDs, both NB and OS. I think I'm happy with the order, but I want to just run it by other people to see what they think too.

3 NB workhorses (closureless)
6 GMD organic flats
Rumparooz NB cover (Quinn, H&L)
Snappi
Imagine NB bamboo AIO (Rawr, snaps)
Kawaii P&N (Beetle car, H&L)
BG Freetime (Moonbeam, snaps)
BB (Open season, snaps)
BB large hemp/cotton insert
CJs in blueberry crumble
Some sample packages of BG detergent (I may find a nice little container and give her a sample of my Nellies, too)

I am likely going to serge up some flannel wipes to include, and may also make her a medium size wetbag.

Thoughts? Am I forgetting anything?

imageimageimage
imageimage
Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
It all revolves around you.

Re: Ok, tell me what you think...

• Options
    This looks awesome. What a nice and thoughtful SIL you are!

My only thought (if it's worth anything) is that I didn't love my RaR cover, so maybe one other brand of cover for over the workhorse and flats. Thirsties size one maybe?
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    JEPES1348JEPES1348 member
    edited September 2014
    rugbymama said:
    This looks awesome. What a nice and thoughtful SIL you are! My only thought (if it's worth anything) is that I didn't love my RaR cover, so maybe one other brand of cover for over the workhorse and flats. Thirsties size one maybe?
    Blasphemy! RaR NB covers rock! I also like a combo of snaps and H&L for NB changes, because the aplix was just easier in the MOTN- for the 4th time... I use only snaps for OS, but some H&L was welcome for NB.

Looks like a super awesome gift, ITK.

edit: snaps, not naps

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    What an awesome gift!

• Options
    I'd avoid the Blueberry Crumble, unless you know she'll love it.

This is my opinion though so whatever.  It smelled great going on, but the fruit scents smell awful with poop.  

I'd go with something a little more neutral.  Unscented maybe?

I'm also someone who hates getting scented lotions as gifts, unless I've actually asked for them.
  • Options
    Do you have scraps to make wool dryer balls?
  • Options
    Wow you're an awesome SIL. My sister got us a blanket. Another lover of RaR covers, I'd keep it on there. 

• Options
    I picked the blueberry crumble because it's my favorite of the ones I've had. It's the small size, not a huge tub, so if she hates it it's not a big loss.

I'm also writing her this very in depth breakdown of cloth diapering, and including lots of the brands that I've liked. Thirsties is on the list for NB covers because I used them exclusively when A was a baby, but I'm also trying to include some prints and colors that I think will help her boyfriend get into CDing (hence the camo BB). I think the Quinn is probably going to be a little more appealing to him than any of the Thirsties prints. If I change it, I'd probably go with a Blueberry cover instead for the prints.

Love the idea for some wool dryer balls, I may make some of them depending on the time crunch.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    I'm sad to see no TBumz on this list.

I may make her one, but I don't know how committed she is to CDing. So if I put a ton of my time and love into making a bunch of them and she just gives it up, I'd be really bummed. Plus I still have to finish Katniss's stash first, especially since I know she'll use them all until she outgrows them! :)
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    I feel like my bamboo AIOs are very scratchy if I don't throw them in the dryer for a least a little while before line drying them, so you might give her a heads-up there.

Also, I might lean toward getting the small insert for the BB since part of the point of that particular one is to get her boyfriend on board. With a small or medium, it would be an "easy" diaper vs using it over fitteds, prefolds, or flats, and that might help win him over.

Oooh, oooh! Do you have any microfleece scraps that you could turn into stay-dry liners for her?

• Options
    What an awesome gift!  
  • Options
    I agree with Jane. For this situation, I'd go with a small stay dry or a medium hemp bb insert. A NB won't need a large for a while.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I feel like my bamboo AIOs are very scratchy if I don't throw them in the dryer for a least a little while before line drying them, so you might give her a heads-up there.

Also, I might lean toward getting the small insert for the BB since part of the point of that particular one is to get her boyfriend on board. With a small or medium, it would be an "easy" diaper vs using it over fitteds, prefolds, or flats, and that might help win him over.

Oooh, oooh! Do you have any microfleece scraps that you could turn into stay-dry liners for her?
    Or make some small inserts if you have time and extra bamboo fleece sitting around.
  • Options
    I LOVE blueberry crumble

and that sounds like an awesome sampler package.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Damn i wish was your sis in law :-<

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    This sounds amazing. I might add a pair of boingos, but that's because I'm currently mildly obsessed with selling all the snappis and buying boingos ;)
    London Eye 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• Options
    Another RaR lover here, especially the NB size. Also a huge fan of quinn, i have it in a cover and a pocket! And seriously, what an awesome gift!
  • Options
    I am obsessed w/ quinn and I don't even own any RaR.  I have had my eye on a Kangacare wetbag in quinn....

And I really dislike Boingos.  Sorry @ElleBeeDub
  • Options

Well 2 out of 3 of them wish I was not their SIL, so maybe you can call one of them up to see if they want to swap? LLOL
    Yes please!

• Options

Well 2 out of 3 of them wish I was not their SIL, so maybe you can call one of them up to see if they want to swap? LLOL
    Yes please!

Lol I'll PM you their phone numbers. ;);)
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    Hell, you could start it like her last email to my husband started 'I just wanted to tell you that you're a piece of shit...' Lol.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    Oooh, now i really want to write to her. What a bitch X(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards