March 2012 Moms

I must have been ready...

..for a change.  Staying home has been so much easier than I expected, if you ignore the financial aspect of things *rolleyes.  I wasn't sure if I had made the right decision at the time, but now we are a month or so into the academy, I know it wouldn't have worked if I stayed working.  I thought I would miss work more .. but I really DON'T  lol

It's definitely given me time and opportunity to work on some things with the lil guy that were badly overdue because of crazy schedules..and even now I seem to have no time for anything, so how we managed before I don't know haha.  Now if the weather here in Texas would just cool down a bit we'd get to go out more ...  :)  

Hubby is enjoying the academy.. not so much the Crossfit ;)) ... poor lad, They are almost done with the classroom work and will be moving onto the fun stuff soon..  driving, handcuff training, pepper spray and all that good stuff.  He will graduate in early January and then he will be in Field Training for about 3 months and away from home at the final training facility for a whole month ...we will re-evaluate our setup then when we know what his shifts will be and see whether going back to work is a good option.

Hope everyone has a great week :) 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I must have been ready...

• I'm really happy that you are adjusting well to the SAHM life! It is such a big change for everyone.
  • nunzchucks  yes it is .. but so far it's been relatively smooth sailing.  I guess being anal retentive and beating the options to death before making a decision  helped haha :)

It sure is nice not coming home to grab a few hours with a tired grumpy bear... I get his happy day self too now.  

The last few days have been especially good.. he's been like a whole new kid, wakes up happy, social butterfly with almost everyone, way less hitting, headbutting, pinching  these last few weeks ( mostly in play anyway, but it was A LOT towards me)  He even quit harassing my moles at night  as much, it was getting extremely aggravating.. they were like a blankie for him when he went to sleep.

We haven't really made any major changes and he hasn't been in time out for almost a week .. potty training is hit n miss, but we aren't pushing it  too much.. he still refused to poop on the toilet.

All in all I think we did the right thing and I know it's been better for me not being stressed out at home and work .. so I am sure that is reflected in his behavior to a degree.
  • Loading the player...
  • That's awesome!  It's always great to feel sure that you made the right decision.  I'm glad you're adjusting well!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"