May 2014 Moms
Options

Reflux Check-In (9/24)

This is a weekly check-in for May mamas of LOs with reflux. Returning or new to the Check-In, we'd love to hear from you!

1 - How old is your LO and how long has s/he been treated for reflux?

2 - How is LO doing? Any new developments, successes or challenges since last week's Check-In?

3 - Any questions or tips for other reflux mamas, or anything else to share?

4 - What is your favorite thing about fall?

Re: Reflux Check-In (9/24)

• Options
    I know I hardly ever do the check ins anymore. I feel I'm on the go nonstop!

My LO has been treated for reflux since two weeks old. She is 20 weeks now. Shes been doing good on Zantac until recently. Shes been on 0.8 mL since she hit 12 pounds. She is 14 pounds now but according to her doctor she is on the highest dose of Zantac for her weight. That doesn't seem right, but ok. They have me trying Zantac along with Prevacid now. We just started that today so we'll see.

She has started sitting on her own for a few seconds at a time! Then she gets excited and kicks her legs and falls. Since she can sit well supported now we started solids. So far so good! She is officially my first child to like green beans. And seemed to like them best of all the veggies so far.

Fall is my absolute favorite season! I started putting out fall decorations today. I love football, hoodies, cooler but not too cold temps, and bonfires!
  • Options
    1. DD was 4 months on the 20th. She has been on meds for about 3 months.

2. DD seemed to be doing a lot better but the last few days, she seems to be uncomfortable again :( I had her at .5ml 2 times a day and I increased to .6 ml 2 times a day.

3. I just wanna scream! When will she be done suffering from this?

4. I love the changing leaves, carving pumpkins, cider mill donuts, Halloween, probably more that I cant think of right now!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jenniferroshto‌ my DD is 13 pounds and was on 1 ml 3 times a day until we switched to Prevacid, which was horrible for her. Now we are back on Zantac.
  • Options
    @draculaspointer‌ How Much Cereal Did Your Doctor Recommend?
  • Options
    1 - Emily turned 4 months old on Monday 9/22. She's been on meds for 2 months.

2 - DH and I went to pedi last week to discuss her meds. We aren't convinced the Prevacid is helping and since it isn't approved by the FDA for infants we aren't sure the benefits outweigh the potential risks. The pedi was pretty wishy washy and gave some incorrect info (e.g. it takes decades for drugs to get approved, which is simply not true), but we ended up agreeing that starting this week we would give the Prevacid every other day, for 2 weeks until her 4 month well visit. It could be a fluke but so far Monday and yesterday it seemed she puked MORE and she had the Prevacid that day. We also are provably giving up on Chiro appts since they haven't seemed to help.

3 - It really sucks having to play guessing games with treatment options. :(

4 - Nothing. I detest winter so in my mind fall is negative since it means winter is coming. ;) Normally the only thing I like about cooler temps is chai lattes in the morning but since I'm on MSPI diet and staying away from caffeine for LO those are pretty much out.
  • Options
    @draculaspointer‌ ive been doing 1oz of formula and adding cereal to make the proper consistency. It seems like a lot but DD scarfs it down and then has a bottle after bc she is still hungry. She loves to eat... just like her mommy! ;)
  • Options
    Once a day in the evening
  • Options
    Im actually leaving in like 10 min to go to her 4 month appt and im going to talk to the pediatrician about food. I was going to ask him if once a day is good!
  • Options
    @bcole42 he has us doing 0.8 mL twice a day and half tablet of prevacid with it. So far so good. I really didnt think they were right on that being a max dose but what they said is working so far.
  • Options
    Her pediatrician said twice a day for cereal
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"