January 2014 Moms

Her Own Room

I'm looking for some tips or advice for moving our little girl in her own room. I'm worried that she will be like " what the hell are you doing mom" or I don't want her to feel scared.

Re: Her Own Room

• Start with naps in her room.  Make sure you follow the same nap/night routine you always have.  Honestly, I don't have a lot of advice.  Mine seems to go right to sleep in any bed as long as we follow a similar routine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My "advice" is to just keep trying different things until something works!

Is she currently sleeping in a crib in your room? In your bed? 

Right now, we put Patrick down in his crib and then the first time he gets up, bring him in with us. I'm irrationally hoping that one day he'll magically start to stay in his crib longer and longer until it's the whole night.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Patrick: born at home on January 14, 2014

• Loading the player...
  • We started her in her room from the start, so I am not much help. I would say start with naps first

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Naps first, get them used to just being in crib with a few minutes of playtime whenever you think about it. We transitioned around five months and he woke up a lot, like every hour, for a while and gradually less and less. He's back down to two motn feedings unless he's having a developmental leap. He's almost ready to drop the first of those feedings too. It's hard wanting to scoop them up or stand and watch all night but it's such a nice feeling to have your own room back. You will do great!
  • @PaintTheAir‌ She was sleeping in her crib all night long, not waking up. Then we started teething and it's been down hill. We now co-sleep
  • Jadederek said:

@PaintTheAir‌ She was sleeping in her crib all night long, not waking up. Then we started teething and it's been down hill. We now co-sleep

Ugh! Damn teeth!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Patrick: born at home on January 14, 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"