September 2012 Moms

Thursday Schmursday Dangit

13»

Re: Thursday Schmursday Dangit

• Last night we found out that my dog has a tiny liver, like half the size it should be... This coupled with the other stuff they found means that I'm spending more time cooking for my dog than my kid or DH.

I feel terrible for the poor girl, in the past 7 days she's had her whole life change. Our other dog left to stay with my mom, she lost her bed (it was so covered in puke I had to trash it), now she needs a diet change and meds. My poor fluffy :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • hmp1 said:
    I almost forgot about this gem this morning. I'm eating Oreos and it reminded me.

James and Leo sat down on the bench seat at school to eat breakfast. James scooted way down to the end and said "I moved over so you can sit next to me Mommy, since you have a big butt". Um, what???? 
    haha, gotta love kids.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• G's birthday is tomorrow. I don't work but I don't think we are doing anything special. I'll ask DH if he wants to maybe go get some ice cream. We have Bible study in the morning so she gets to see her friends there. I bought her her first cake pop today to celebrate since we may not do anything tomorrow. Her party is Saturday and I have a ton of stuff to do.

We were in target today and I had to fart. No one was around and I knew it would be audible. It was only slightly audible but G heard and would not stop saying "poop, mama, poop" since she says poop for fart.

She is also just so darn cute with her manners.  I let her push the cart at aldi since it is easier to contain her in the smaller store. She would say "excuse me" or "excuse you" since she uses them interchangeable.  She says thank you and welcome. Hi and bye.  It is just the cutest thing. She also has a wallet with fake money and credit cards. So she took her fake card out and handed it to the cashier.  Cashier said thank you so G said welcome!  Seriously. I love her. Then she had an epic meltdown getting into her seat.  

I still have a cold which isn't terrible, but my stomach is off. TMI, went from constipation to diarrhea. And I just have an upset stomach. I actually put puke on my to do list but I need my bathroom clean first.  

Gah! So much to do! Why am I sitting here!?

• hmp1 said:
    I almost forgot about this gem this morning. I'm eating Oreos and it reminded me.

James and Leo sat down on the bench seat at school to eat breakfast. James scooted way down to the end and said "I moved over so you can sit next to me Mommy, since you have a big butt". Um, what???? 
    Hahahaha, well technically it's bigger than both of theirs!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • @melody921 in my defense, my mom made the cut but I was holding her down haha
    eta for comparison:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/2148689975/image.jpg
    Nowhere near as bad as I was expecting, lol. She looks cute.

• @tinyhumantoe‌ nothing wrong, just put back on steroids to help with scar tissue on the frankentit side. But I got the injection lay week and have put on 15 pounds and my face is breaking out like crazy. Me eating like a human garbage disposal is not helping either. I wish they'd just re up my pain pills script but they're going to make me jump through hoops to get them. Clearly if I'm only going through 25 pills every 3 months I'm not abusing them but thanks to assholes who do I can't have them.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Haha I never considered cutting her hair brave, as much as "scared of salon melt-down"... I'd PIP, but the only after pic I have is of her dressed as a fairy princess, and the crown is holding back her hair. 

and @redneckmomma25 I love titted G being so cute at the store, not your cold/poop issues... feel better soon!
  • I also bought a BB cream....I love it! I hate any type of concealer or foundation. I can always see and feel it. But not the BB cream.  

I need a moisturizer for my face. The ones I normally use are burning my face.  I guess the pregnancy is messing with my skin.  Any recs? I have a neutragena sensitive that is not working, my mary kay one is my go to but it's burning as well. 
  • I also bought a BB cream....I love it! I hate any type of concealer or foundation. I can always see and feel it. But not the BB cream.  

I need a moisturizer for my face. The ones I normally use are burning my face.  I guess the pregnancy is messing with my skin.  Any recs? I have a neutragena sensitive that is not working, my mary kay one is my go to but it's burning as well. 
    I love my L'Bri moisturizer. I like the foundation too; it's very light. This is actually reminding me I need to order more.

• Is my kid the only kid that still hasn't peed on the potty?

I haven't even tried with colby

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Zeke has zero interest in the potty.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • G likes to sit on the potty for a couple minutes but she hasn't peed or anything yet.  I'm not pushing her either. I know when she's ready she'll be ready. I also have no problem changing diapers. I'm in no hurry.  
  • G likes to sit on the potty for a couple minutes but she hasn't peed or anything yet.  I'm not pushing her either. I know when she's ready she'll be ready. I also have no problem changing diapers. I'm in no hurry.  
    It's really a pain in the butt to drop everything when she says she has to go potty.  I've been embarrassed how many times I've said "just go in your diaper."  Last time was when we were in walmart.  That was NOT going to be her first public toilet experience haha.
  • tinyhumantoetinyhumantoe member
    edited September 2014
    Is my kid the only kid that still hasn't peed on the potty?
    Nope.  Winnbutt has not.

@watercolor5 you did a great job! 

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • @tinyhumantoe‌ nothing wrong, just put back on steroids to help with scar tissue on the frankentit side. But I got the injection lay week and have put on 15 pounds and my face is breaking out like crazy. Me eating like a human garbage disposal is not helping either. I wish they'd just re up my pain pills script but they're going to make me jump through hoops to get them. Clearly if I'm only going through 25 pills every 3 months I'm not abusing them but thanks to assholes who do I can't have them.
    :(  ((hugs))  I'm sorry.  I hate that people who need pain meds can't get them because of people who abuse them. 

Nope.  

Aedan is switching to a new room at daycare this week.  The two year old room sits them on the potty every time they do a diaper change.  I had to laugh when I saw his morning notes: potty (empty)...2 hours later: potty (empty).

We haven't been pushing it at all, so I am curious how the intro at school is going to impact him.  

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

I liked "Simple" brand--started when I was pregnant because my skin was freaking out and Neutrogena gave me huge red patches on my face.  Unfortunately, I now can't find most of their line.  But their foaming cleanser and basic moisturizer were lifesavers.
  • @Pokedot He's going to be the tenth doctor from Doctor Who.  I bought him a trench coat, blue suit, tie, glasses, and Converse.

Atleast he can wear most of that again!
    I spent a lot... As usual. And they probably never wear any if it again.

• @danabsd these girls are making you lose it. In a good way.

• @danabsd you win the most laughs from me today!!! I am dying!

• @redneckmomma25‌ I use Cetaphil face wash and Clinique lotion. The whole clinique line doesn't really work for me, but I love the lotion. I found this combo during my last pregnancy when everything else made my face feel on fire.
    Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
  • @danadsb - that would totally be my husband too!  We have three big windows in our entrance way that is open (balcony on second floor) during the month of October we turn the window into a huge jacko-lantern.  it's really cool it up.  However, as the window is covered DH doesn't have to wear pants anymore.  Come November first he actually get depressed he has to wear pant b/c the neighbors wont want to see him walking around pantless all winter!  
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • AKB090609 said:
    I just walked by a playground on our way to the park, a woman was yelling for Violet and Lavender. I'm praying they are dogs. I can't bring myself to look over my shoulder to be sure.
    I love Violet. Not so much on Lavender, if this is a child.

• miss50 said:

@danabsd these girls are making you lose it. In a good way.

Word fity. I need to go back to work to keep my sanity.

• melody921 said:
    AKB090609 said:
    I just walked by a playground on our way to the park, a woman was yelling for Violet and Lavender. I'm praying they are dogs. I can't bring myself to look over my shoulder to be sure.
    I love Violet. Not so much on Lavender, if this is a child.
    @melody921 I take far more issue with the combination than each name in isolation... Unless they are dogs, than feel free to do your thing...says the girl who names all her pets after plants....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"