January 2014 Moms

Long legs = my fault

So DD got my long legs. We noticed the other day that her feet are fully hanging off the edge of her carseat...she has more than enough room up top even though it is adjusted to the top strap, but her poor legs are too long for it I think. By height and weight the seat should still be suitable though. Do I need to bite the bullet and buy the big girl seat now? Anyone else have a little Bambi with this problem? Curiouser and curiouser...

Re: Long legs = my fault

• Nope, legs hanging off is fine. On fact, they can end up cross legged rear facing in the convertible and it's still fine.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

mutt_zps2fb5f039-1_zps7220f27c
    BFP 11.8.12 * EDD 7.17.13 * MC 12.20.12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     photo bump_zpsf1e8435c.jpgRIP Post Count

• Aha! So I guess so long as she isn't too tall at the top, it's ok? Whew, just moved and I wasn't looking forward to spending another $300 so soon. Thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep, just the top and max weight matter. There is some slight risk of, say, a broken leg when they start sitting with their legs all crazy so they fit, but that is far out-weighed by keeping the neck and spine protected.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

mutt_zps2fb5f039-1_zps7220f27c
    BFP 11.8.12 * EDD 7.17.13 * MC 12.20.12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     photo bump_zpsf1e8435c.jpgRIP Post Count

• She's still in the infant seat, so I was trying to see if I needed to buy a bigger rear facing seat. I think they have ones that can convert to forward facing, but we won't do that for a long time still. But if she is still OK in the infant seat, I'll hold off on shopping for a new one.
  • I was wondering the same thing. Dd's feet are right at the edge of her infant car seat and I was wanting to hold off until buying the bigger one.
  • We moved to a rear facing convertible in one car but that's because we were gifted a brand new Britax. We still use the convertible to bounce between other vehicles. His legs are so long but he's still plenty flexible to sit cross legged if needed.
  • My daughter has long legs too.  She started wearing 9 month pants while still being able to fit into 3-6 month onesies.  We are also still using the infant seat.  Both my neighbor and SIL have mentioned that they are going to move their 4 year-olds into backless booster seats, so I am hoping to get one of their old, non-expired convertible seats :)
  • Phew! I'm glad we aren't the only ones still using the infant seat!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Patrick: born at home on January 14, 2014

• We are still using the infant seat here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"