September 2014 Moms
Options

Too much sleep?

Ok. I know everyone wishes their newborn slept in 4-5 hour intervals at night, but I'm starting to worry. He has a heart condition that could make him sleepy, but as long as he's gaining weight, the dr said not to worry. He is 2 weeks old now, and I'm wondering if I've just got an easy baby that is more awake in the daytime now, or if this should be cause for worry. I wouldn't worry about him sleeping so long at night if he fed for more than 30 mins. Maybe I'm just used to him nursing for so long and he has instead become more efficient at eating? Any advice? Any moms who have been in the same boat with a sleepy baby with a heart problem?

Re: Too much sleep?

• Options
    Sounds like his dr said all is good if he's gaining, so I wouldn't worry too much. My LO doesn't sleep longer then 3 hours, if that, but sleeps all day long too. They sleep a lot right now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I wouldn't worry if your Dr says its ok! You could always keep weighing him if it would ease your mind. I can't speak to the heart condition but you could just have an efficient eater on your hands.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine is a week old and is sleping at 4-5 hour stretches at night. She nurses one side only for about 10-15 minutes and sleeps more. I went to a nursing support group to get a rough idea how much she takes from one side by using their scale and to my surprise she got 3.5 ounces from one side...so she was getting enough even in the short time she nursed.  I wouldn't worry, go by number of wet and dirty diapers and go in for a weight check if you are worried.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"