Stay at Home Moms

Chalet boots from children's place?

Has anyone bought these? Are they warm or waterproof? I was thinking of getting this pair for dd but we live in a very cold & snowy area. I'm assuming I'd have to get a 2nd pair of real winter boots for when she's playing in the snow or if it's slushy out. Is my assumption correct? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Chalet boots from children's place?

• They're really cute, but if they're similar to the ones I got DD for this winter, then they'll only be good for just walking out really quick in them. I would definitely get some extra 'outdoorsy' boots for playing out in the snow.
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • No they are not warn or waterproof, but they are cute!
  • Loading the player...
  • We have had boots like that before and you can usually spray them with a waterproof spray to make them repel water.  No, they are not a "go out and play in the snow boots".
  • They might be warm but they will not be waterproof. Get real snow boots
  • That's what I figured. I'm going to get them anyway bc I think they're cute! I'll get real snow boots for the slushy days and when we are actually playing in the snow.

• Arnegard said:
    We have had boots like that before and you can usually spray them with a waterproof spray to make them repel water.  No, they are not a "go out and play in the snow boots".
    I use waterproof spray on most of our everyday shoes. It won't turn those type of boots into play in the snow boots but would help keep them from getting wet going from point A to point B.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Just from the picture, I can tell there is no way those would work here in winter (in Wisconsin) for actually playing outside. Those would be just for wearing....like inside or going in and out of the car.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"