Late Term and Child Loss
Options

slowly but surely....

I have expressed numerous times how dh never talks about our babies and how it upsets me that he doesn't. I feel that he doesn't even think about them or grieve for them like I do everyday.

Well the other day was the second angelversary of our first loss and I mentioned it to him. I said "it has been 2 years since we lost our baby"

and he says " it has been 2 years that I have been hearing baby cries and looking around for my baby because I always feel like there is a kid missing" He says "I always dream about a baby"

And I say "well that's not fair Every night I ask God to see my babies ! and you're the one that sees and hears them." Then I think would I be able to even handle dreaming about them , hugging and kissing them, only to wake up with empty arms and an aching heart? Can I handle hearing the baby cries and looking for a baby that isn't even here? No it would tear me apart. Maybe dh feels just as sad as I do and i'm starting to think he does.

Slowly but surely he is coming around and telling me his fears and sadness. I love him and I hate that we are going through this.

Re: slowly but surely....

• Options
    I'm so glad he opened up to you. Sometimes it makes all the difference!

Dh and I will often tell each other that we hate that we have to live this life but we are glad to have each other to help.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    I'm glad he opened up to you! ((Hugs))
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    *****siggy warning

I'm so glad he opened up to you! What a difference that makes.
  • Options

***sig warning***

I'm so glad he is opening up to you.  Men definitely handle things differently than we do, but it's nice to know that he is feeling the same things as you, even if it took him a while to express it.

Me 32 (Stage IV Endometriosis, short luteal phase) DH 38

Married 5/2010

January 2014- DS born healthy at 35.4 weeks

February 2014- DS passed away due to complications from adenovirus

February 2015- Rainbow baby DD born at 36.3 weeks

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/42fd32 

• Options
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"