January 2013 Moms

Ugh/vent

I think I mentioned that we just made a big move to the burbs about a week ago. We are all exhausted, there are still boxes everywhere. B is cutting teeth or starting the terrible twos, because she's stopped sleeping and she's always angry. Which means I'm not sleeping and we've been kind of crabby at each other all week. I know once we are unpacked and this feels more like home, we will all be in a better place. I just feel badly that I'm not keeping it together this week. I'm do exhausted. Just beat. Today she slept for 30 minutes in the car, after going to bed at 1am and getting up at 7:30.

Any suggestions (besides 12 hours of sleep) on reconnecting with DD this weekend? I'm probably being hard on myself, I know, but just wanted to vent!
Our little Samosa arrives in January!

Re: Ugh/vent

• Moving is just the worst. The worst!
  • Totally agree with @ClaryPax‌. If you can handle being in the house, snuggle, read books, etc. If not, go to a park, a bookstore with a kids section, look for a Gymboree or other kids play gym. Just do something special for the two of you where you don't have to feel 'on point.'

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I'd say "Saturday is your day DH, I'll take Sunday."

I'd spend all day Saturday by myself. Then spend Sunday at the park, maybe sneak LO a little ice cream just for fun.
  • Moving is terrible. We did it when J was 16 months old. So he was pretty easy going at that point.

I'd do something that isn't too stressful or requires too much planning. An easy picnic in the park, a backyard adventure. AND take a few hours to yourself, go do some shopping, get a pedicure, do some Christmas gift planning, etc. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Thanks, team! My mom came down today and the three of us had a beautiful day in the sunshine, picking apples and petting goats and baby lambs. Exactly what we all needed!
  • Welcome to the 'burbs, wherever yours may be! Is this a happy move for you? I'm not in love with our 'burbs but I must say we have a gazillion parks, and the schools and grocery stores are good.

Glad you had a fun day with your mom! Moving is so stressful! I second taking a little time to yourself, and then maybe doing something super fun and silly with LO to get rid of any lingering stress and anger. Food fight or pillow fight, something to make you both laugh.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You guys are the best. I unpacked a little more after B fell a asleep and took a hot shower and finished my book. Maybe we just had a bad day? Either way, your suggestions and support mean more than you know!
  • Maybe do something familiar (if possible), like go back into the city for the day and go to your old park, get lunch at a familiar spot, walk a few blocks you know well. All the change might be stressing B out.
    IVF/ICSI #1 - BFP, DS born Jan 2013
    IVF/ICSI #2 - BFP, DD born Feb 2015
    IVF FET - BFP, due April 2017

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"