Nurseries and Baby Gear

Im having a hard time deciding on a stroller, suggestions please.

FTM here, and I thought I found "the stroller" : https://www.babyjogger.com/product/city-mini-gt/ until I realize it isn't able to "grow into a double". I'm looking for something that will grow into a double for the future, that is easy to fold, has an adjustable handle, seat reclines, and is able to add a car seat attachment. I see that the City Select https://www.babyjogger.com/product/city-select/ has all of these options, but I really like the tires on the GT and the price much better. Any suggestions on different options, or pros/cons to either of the two mentioned above?
**All welcome**
 Me: 33 Hypothyroid, HBP, Low Vit D Anemic, Stage 2 Adrenal failure. Unexplained Infertility
DH: 33 Cancer survivor 
Married Dec. 2007
10/2013 Clomid, bfn
10/2013 HSG, all clear
11/2013 Clomid, bfn. Cyst burst.
IUI #1 - 12/31/2013  Femara, Ovidrel - BFN.
IUI #2 - 1/31/2014 Femara, Ovidrel - BFN.
IUI #3 - 2/22/2014 Femara, Ovidrel - BFN.
IUI #4 - 3/24/2014 Femara, Ovidrel - BFN
IVF Summer 2014 -Cancelled!
Natural BFP 5/28! Beta: 545.
1st ultrasound 6/18 - one bean!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Im having a hard time deciding on a stroller, suggestions please.

• I did check out the Britax b-ready but didn't like how the second d seat option would be placed (low and in the back). And I see the Phil and Ted is the same way?
    **All welcome**
     Me: 33 Hypothyroid, HBP, Low Vit D Anemic, Stage 2 Adrenal failure. Unexplained Infertility
    Married Dec. 2007
    10/2013 Clomid, bfn
    10/2013 HSG, all clear

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think the Phil & Teds is more expensive as well. I think you can get GT tires for the City Versa, no idea if they'd work on the Select. Maybe one day they'll make them as an add on for the select.

How close are you thinking you'll aim for your kids to be? If your plan is for kids to be 4 or fewer years apart, & you definitly want multiple kids, could make sense to get an expandible stroller like the Select. However there are a few others who make explandible style strollers, all seemed expensive and heavy/bulky to me. By the time a second child came along, you may find another stroller you like better. You may also find that your baby prefers carriers over strollers.

I love my City Mini GT (the tires are definitly nice) and a friend has the Select - she had your exat reasoning for getting it & loves it for her two under two. She also rerntly got an umbrella single.stroller for when her husband takes their oldest out alone. It is a bulky stroller for a single child in my opinion (too heavy for my taste) so that is part of why I really like my City mini gt. Can postpone the cost & decision though - If I were in your shoes, I'd probably look into a snap n go (assuming you're planning to use an infant seat) amd keep my ears open for a really good end of model year sale/ one being sold second hand. Baby Jogger claims their strollers do not go on sale, but they do. Last year, in Oct, they announced changes for the next year & by Jan/Feb the previous year's stroller price is a hundred or so discounted ... or they will do offeres of a free/discounted seat. If you can still find last years model (I think they were still selling them back around June), it is a considerable savings from what I recall seeing people post on here.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We decided on the City Select. I love how easy it was to maneuver as a single and love it even more for the option of being a double (and even a triple with the roller board) for the future. We know we want more kids and we will hopefully have them within 2 years of each other so it was the best decision for us to "future proof" ourselves.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We do plan (hope) to have another child asap, but with IF who knows what will happen. I LOVE the way the GT stroller folds with one hand. Does the City Select do the same? I'm going tomorrow to check them out in person again, and hoping to make a final decision. I'd love to wait to see if we can find a deal, but my grandma is insisting she buy the stroller asap. There are a lot of good points to think about, thank you all! Do you guys have the link to the GT tires/wheel kit? I didn't see it.
    **All welcome**
    Married Dec. 2007
    10/2013 Clomid, bfn
    10/2013 HSG, all clear

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I wanted to update and share my experience in case it helps anyone else. After going to BBB, and trying out both styles and talking with an employee there about each one, we have decided to go with the GT. I like how easy it is to use, it's not as wide and heavy as the City Select seemed to us. In the store, they had the City Select set up with the second seat...and I didn't like how close they were, it seemed like no leg room for one child and very claustrophobic. We've decided if we are blessed enough with a second child in the future, we will cross that bridge when we get there and get a second stroller that's a double. Thank you all for your help!
    **All welcome**
    Married Dec. 2007
    10/2013 Clomid, bfn
    10/2013 HSG, all clear

BabyFruit Ticker
  • WA1215 said:
    I wanted to update and share my experience in case it helps anyone else. After going to BBB, and trying out both styles and talking with an employee there about each one, we have decided to go with the GT. I like how easy it is to use, it's not as wide and heavy as the City Select seemed to us. In the store, they had the City Select set up with the second seat...and I didn't like how close they were, it seemed like no leg room for one child and very claustrophobic. We've decided if we are blessed enough with a second child in the future, we will cross that bridge when we get there and get a second stroller that's a double. Thank you all for your help!
    This is exactly what we did when we were pregnant with #1 and even though we will now have 2 kids, 2 years apart, I don't regret our decision. Turns out we are not a big stroller family and use our stroller maybe twice a month. With 2 kids, our plan is to wear the baby and keep DS1 in his stroller and if the baby has to go in the stroller, then we will encourage DS1 to walk. We will wait and see how well this works out though. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• ss265 said:
    WA1215 said:
    I wanted to update and share my experience in case it helps anyone else. After going to BBB, and trying out both styles and talking with an employee there about each one, we have decided to go with the GT. I like how easy it is to use, it's not as wide and heavy as the City Select seemed to us. In the store, they had the City Select set up with the second seat...and I didn't like how close they were, it seemed like no leg room for one child and very claustrophobic. We've decided if we are blessed enough with a second child in the future, we will cross that bridge when we get there and get a second stroller that's a double. Thank you all for your help!
    This is exactly what we did when we were pregnant with #1 and even though we will now have 2 kids, 2 years apart, I don't regret our decision. Turns out we are not a big stroller family and use our stroller maybe twice a month. With 2 kids, our plan is to wear the baby and keep DS1 in his stroller and if the baby has to go in the stroller, then we will encourage DS1 to walk. We will wait and see how well this works out though. :)

Great plan!!!
    **All welcome**
    Married Dec. 2007
    10/2013 Clomid, bfn
    10/2013 HSG, all clear

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm late to chime in... 
    But, we did have the City Mini to start and I will say, we LOVED it. Absolutely, 100% amazing stroller. We had #2 recently, kids are 2.5 years apart, and we decided to get the City Select. And I LOVE this stroller too.  I do think I would have loved the City Select with just one kid as well. I do agree, it can seem bulkier, but in reality, it's still great. 

I don't think you can go wrong with starting out with the Mini and then moving to the Select later if desired. 

Also, you can consider a double jogger if you have #2 in the winter and don't really need a stroller for them for 6 months or so. We have the Baby Jogger Pod and love that too. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 2Swanns2Swanns member
    edited September 2014
    I've looked at so many strollers and even went to BBB tonight to test drive some. There are so many options and price ranges to consider! Some of the less expensive strollers felt nicer than some of the high ticket ones that it's really all about how it feels to you. I also just can't come to grips with spending $800 on a stroller, but that's just me. 

I loved the Mia Moda Atmosferra for a long time and the price ranges from about $217 - $279. But after reading more and more reviews, I think I'm decided against it. They say the seat is narrow and short and I don't want my kid to grow out of it really quickly.

I also loved the City Versa, but you have to use the car seat adapter from 0-6 months.

I have no experience with baby gear as this is my first, so I'm a bit naive when it comes to all of this. But does anyone have experience with the Graco 3-in-1 Stroller? I know it's not a fancy brand, but it seems to have a lot of the options some of the high priced strollers come with and grows with the child up to 50 lbs. The travel system is $369 and that includes the infant car seat.  I'm interested to know if anyone has looked into this, tried it out or has one? https://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=46051906&sr=1&origkw=graco modes 

Edit - had the wrong price for travel system.
  • @mom2boxers - thanks for the tips! I don't have an infant seat yet. The travel systems seem attractive so you don't have to think about that. I went and test drove the Graco Mode and wasn't impressed. I didn't love the fabric and it didn't feel as sturdy as the others.

I'll keep looking and keep your suggestions in mind. 

• Is the 2.5 year old fitting ok? Im worried mine will be too tall and quickly outgrow?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • We've decided on the city select.  I like the versatility ability to add a second seat and the ability to switch the configurations on the seat even if it is only used as a single stroller.  H originally fell in love w/ the GT, but we also plan on having more kids in the next 3-4 years and this seems like an economical way to get a higher end double stroller as well.  
    Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"