April 2015 Moms

Confused: potential loss mentioned

I had some bathroom issues this morning (4 pain visits) and the fourth time when I wiped there was pink blood. I wiped a few times and it didn't come back. I went for my ultrasound today and the baby measured 7 weeks 5 days and the hb was 39...the tech handed me a picture and said congrats. I know these are bad signs so it looks like I will mc. Of course the doctor hasn't called but Dr Google (& my 2 previous pregnancies) tell me this is all wrong.

I wish you all happy and healthy pregnancies.

Re: Confused: potential loss mentioned

• I'm sorry, I hope nothing is wrong with baby. I'm confused about a few things though. I don't understand why the tech said congrats. Was she serious? I don't know who in their right mind would be sarcastic about a heartbeat of 39. And how far along are you supposed to be?
    Me: 27
    DH: 34

Ticker id: Q1i7

Lilypie - (qjIQ)

Building a family since 12/29/12!
  • Poop visit and it is definitely vaginal bleeding.

Didn't hear from the doctor; at first the tech said she didn't see a HB and then when she did it on the screen it only measured 39bpm.
  • Loading the player...
  • Don't lose hope yet. I am so sorry you are going through this. Hang in there.
    BabyFruit Ticker>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm sorry, I hope nothing is wrong with baby. I'm confused about a few things though. I don't understand why the tech said congrats. Was she serious? I don't know who in their right mind would be sarcastic about a heartbeat of 39. And how far along are you supposed to be?

I was really confused as well. Not sure as I don't have regular periods. When I had my blood test done it came back as 3-4 weeks so I would either be 8 or 9 weeks this week.
  • I also thought maybe the tech meant 139. Give your doctor a call. In the meantime, try not to stress.
  • I also thought maybe the tech meant 139. Give your doctor a call. In the meantime, try not to stress.

I saw the screen when she measured the HB and it definitely said 39. It was very hard to see the HB on the screen.

Here is the pic I was given.
  • RHoPA1109 said:

ngc1718 said:

I also thought maybe the tech meant 139. Give your doctor a call. In the meantime, try not to stress.

I saw the screen when she measured the HB and it definitely said 39. It was very hard to see the HB on the screen.

Did you ask the doc about it? If you could see the hb, they could too and would immediately know there was cause for concern. Are you sure what you were looking at was measuring beats per minute?

No call back yet from DR.
  • Yes, I said was 39 the HB? And she said yes. Then she had me pee and went to check w/ her supervisor and the radiologist and came back and said I was free to go and handed me the pic and said congrats. Then she said the doctor would follow up when she got the report.
  • snegde said:

I am sorry you are going through this. If I were you I would call the nurses line in the morning and ask for an explanation. If they don't get back to you ASAP then you need to find a new doctor tomorrow. The whole thing seems confusing, frustrating, and unprofessional. This isn't how things should be done. Big hugs. Put your feet up. Drink lots of water. Don't google and try to relax. Holding your hand in spirit.

Thank you very much!
  • Don't have much insight or knowledge, but sending you some love & some positive vibes.

This is definitely a scary time for most of us! Be strong <3
  • I'm so sorry your going through this. I would give your doctor a call and ask about your measurements and the heartbeat. I wouldn't sit and wait for them to call you.
  • I would call your doctor tomorrow and just express your concerns. I know at my doctor's office the tech does the ultrasound but the doctor doesn't call until the next day or two. FXed that everything is fine and right on track.
    imageimage 
                                                                                January Siggy Challenge-Exercise Fail
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• There was a flutter but it was very hard to see.
  • I'm sorry hun. The doc is handling this terribly and there is zero reason for them to be so confusing and vague. I'm praying its @snegde‌ 's first option (nothing is wrong). We're all sending positive vibes your way.

Lilypie - (qjIQ)

• Hope everything's okay!! Definitely call in. If you go to a busy practice like I do, when they tell you the Dr will call he never does! I also get pink spotting after intercourse/exams/sometimes after bowel movements. It freaks me out but the doctor is always calm about it.
  • I'm sorry. I hope you get a call soon.
  • AmyA401 said:

You mentioned spotting... Did you mention that when you called the dr? I'm pissed off for you, that you haven't received a phone call yet. I was pregnant last year and at my 8 week us there was only a yolk sac, 9 week us showed a baby measuring 6 weeks with a heartbeat of 70 bpm, 9 weeks no change, 10 weeks no heartbeat. It was the most difficult time of my life and when I didn't get a return phone call on the fly it was actual torture! I'm pretty sure they have a note in my file that I'm a psycho bitch... Cause I kinda had to turn into one just so I could get some answers. But the ultrasound techs are not supposed to give you any information, their job is to take the pictures... The doctor analyzes them.
    I'm sending you good vibes, hoping all is well with your little bean and I think you should call again. You'll definitely at least get a call from the after hours on call dr

Yes, I called prior to my US to let them know about the spotting and the nurse called back and said wait until your US.

I am going to freak out tomorrow if I don't get a call at 9am.
  • kariemomokariemomo member
    edited September 2014
    I'd go to the clinic and ask to talk to the doctor. Worst is they don't see you. That's what my husband and I did when we wanted a second opinion on the nurse telling me I'd miscarry. Turned out everything was fine. You might even be able to do that at another clinic. At least for military you can, don't know about the outside world with this being my first pregnancy. And at least if you're there they might actually look at it.
  • Cali2090Cali2090 member
    edited September 2014
    I am so sorry you're going through this I hope you can somehow calm your mind until you get a definitive answer. If something was wrong I would really hope your doctor would've called you by now. Saying a prayer for ya!
  • I'm just so sorry you have to go through this. If I've learned one thing in my experience it is never be ashamed to advocate for yourself. I have also felt like the crazy bitch, but sometimes you are left with no other choice. I hope that you can find some peace during this time and that things turn out well for you and your family.
  • I'm so sorry you are going through this. Hoping everything is alright and that your baby is OK. T&P to you and baby.
  • Thank you everyone for the support! I am no longer spotting pink blood it has now turned brown and isn't discharging anymore. I'm really at a loss.

I forgot to mention that she forgot to check for a yolk sack and had to re check for it. (Not that it matters but thought I'd throw it out there).
  • This scenery sounds cray cray! Fx'd and will be praying for positive results tomorrow!
  • So sorry you are going though this. I hope tomorrow brings good news.
    <Pregnancy Ticker>

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers>
  • I'm so sorry you are going through this. They should have had you see the doctor right after your US. My old doctor didn't and mishandled my miscarriage and so I changed. I had a scare with this pregnancy and they scheduled the US but had me see the doctor immediately and she assured me everything was fine. That tech sounds irresponsible. They should know better than to make you wait after telling you the HR was 39. I hope everything works out ok.
    Married 3/5/11
    BFP: 6/19/12, D&C 8/23/12
    BFP: 5/17/13, Born 12/16/2013

imageimageimage
    January Siggy Challenge: When I am done breastfeeding...

• This is all nuts - for an OB office to cause you this grief and confusion! I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I hope you get a phone call as soon as their door opens tomorrow. Please keep us updated and my thoughts are with you!
  • I hope she got the go ahead to release you because a doc informed her that all was well with the babe. FX for you both. Please update when you can. We are are all pulling for you and your LO.

I am really hoping this as well. Especially because the congrats came after she checked with her supervisor and radiologist and said I was free to go.
  • ngc1718 said:

I hope she got the go ahead to release you because a doc informed her that all was well with the babe. FX for you both. Please update when you can. We are are all pulling for you and your LO.

I am really hoping this as well. Especially because the congrats came after she checked with her supervisor and radiologist and said I was free to go.
    I hope you get a good report this morning, and some answers from your doc.

photo f2800575-8c12-4491-8194-153c04d585b8_zps49b02af4.jpg
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • bowman958 said:

ngc1718 said:

I hope she got the go ahead to release you because a doc informed her that all was well with the babe. FX for you both. Please update when you can. We are are all pulling for you and your LO.

I hope you get a good report this morning, and some answers from your doc.
    Thank you. I'm counting down until 9am.
  • Let us know. We're all with you in our thoughts this morning!

Lilypie - (qjIQ)

• I am so sorry you had to go through that.  I hope you get a call from your Doctor right away this morning.  Thinking about you!

BabyFruit Ticker  

Little West #1: Born May 23, 2013

Little West #2: Due April 15, 2015

2U2 Fossil Mommy

• I've called and I am waiting for a call back. I can't even get ready for work- I'm just sitting here staring into space. :(
  • It is so hard to have to wait. I'm thinking about you.
    Married 10/10/2009
    MC 4/23/2014
    BFP 8/1/2014, expecting our rainbow on 4/12/2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • T&P!! I hope they call you back quickly with good news!!

Me : 28 DH : 30
                                    TTC #1 Since 7/2014
    BFP 8/5/2014 EDD 4/12/2015
                                  Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Still nothing. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Part of me hopes they aren't rushing bc everything is ok but then the logical part of me says not to get my hopes up :/
  • I can't believe you haven't heard anything yet. I'm so sorry.... I'm sure your anxiety is through the roof right now. Don't be afraid to advocate for yourself... Call again, go up there if you have to. You deserve answers. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers today.
  • They finally called- low fluid around baby and the 39 heart rate. They are concerned the tech did not do an internal us and I have to go back next Thursday for a repeat ultrasound.
  • I am so sorry!  They can't get you in any sooner than Thursday?  I agree, something is not right with this place.  Hang in there, we are here for you!

BabyFruit Ticker  

Little West #1: Born May 23, 2013

Little West #2: Due April 15, 2015

2U2 Fossil Mommy

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"