February 2013 Moms

Q for Nurses - Pain in Left Arm

Hey ladies,

I have calls in to my PCP and my OB, but thought I'd ask here while I am waiting.

I have this pain in my left arm that is traveling. It started in my bicep and hurt kind of bad (like a 7); now it hurts in my shoulder area but no longer in my bicep at all. I didn't do anything to my arm (that I know of), and my paranoid self is afraid it might be a clot. Is that at all likely? What would you do at this point?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Q for Nurses - Pain in Left Arm

• No other pain at all; no particularly fatty foods as of late.

OB said probably not related to the pregnancy; PCP said I could take some Tylenol and if it didn't go away to let him know. So it doesn't sound like they are all that concerned. Which is fine, I just didn't want to be taking chances if I shouldn't be.

In other medical news, I passed my three-hour test (hooray!) and I have another UTI (bah!). Back on the antibiotics. Aaaaaand...I guess I should buy some cranberry juice to have on hand for the rest of my pregnancy.

• could be a nerve compression-thing going on. You have so much fluid when you are pregnant that this can happen really easily. I would recommend an ibuprofen... but that's def a no no! Maybe some tylenol and a heating pad? You could also try to drink more water and avoid salty foods. It's probably shoulder-related since your bicep muscle attaches to where the rotator cuff is. Does anything make it better or worse pain-wise? I have some shoulder problems (actually just popped out and back in again tonight) and the pain often will radiate down my bicep.

Doesn't sound like a blood clot. If you had a clot in your arm, it would probably be quite swollen. Usually, gallbladder pain is in the right upper abdomen.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"