June 2013 Moms
Options

Toy Suggestions

I think LO is tired of some of her toys. I'm thinking of getting her the little Vtech Drum set bc she loves her Xylophone. I thought someone posted not too long ago about toys but I can't search it on our board. Anyone have those Megablocks? She's got the little shape sorter which she still likes and she used to play with her push toys but now that she's walking, she's really only paying with her push baby stroller. Suggestions on toy favorites?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Toy Suggestions

• Options
    I would go straight to lego duplo over mega blocks. Melissa and Doug make cardboard bricks that are big and fun.

Even if you don't have a play kitchen, play food is fun.

Ty also loves balls.
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • Options
    Benjamin likes his megablocks. He's really into play food right now. MIL pulled out and cleaned a bunch that were DH's. He has a pot on the floor in the dining room and free access to spoons and spatulas in the kitchen. 

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    following!  LO still loves his broom over all other toys, but I feel like there's always more intersting toys to be had.

LO is kind of over his play kitchen pots/pans/etc - he likes the recycling bin in the kitchen more than anything else.

We do have megablocks - which I think are perfect for LO.  He's able to put them together and take them apart again (which he doesn't do as well with our one duplo set), but he mostly still just likes knocking down things that I build.

One of his current favorites is this:

He likes that it makes fun noise, but also that he can walk it around the house.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Options
    Q loves his shopping cart and a Vtech Go! Go! train set my BIL got him for his bday.  I like it because you can build onto it with other kits so I think we're expanding it for Christmas.  He also loves the trampoline, LOVES the vacuum/broom and the ride on Thomas.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    Grayson loves this chair image

And he loves the mega bloks and is actually starting to build stuff with them. He also likes the crayola color wonder markers and paper. You have to have certain paper for the markers to show up. Less mess!

And of course he loves laundry baskets and putting stuff in them.
    image imageimageimage
  • Options
    Cricket81Cricket81 member
    edited September 2014
    I got Alex this Crayola toy a few weeks ago. He loves it.

https://m.toysrus.com/skava/static/product.html?type=TRU_product_us&url=/product/index.jsp?productId=23769526&domain=http://www.toysrus.com

Eta: I got it at target where it was $19.99 and there was a cartwheel deal on Crayola for more off. I don't think it's worth $32!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Give M a bag of mega blocks and she could spend all day taking one out at a time and putting them back in, but she could care less about actually building anything. She loves stacking cups, blocks, and pushing her shopping cart around, but her absolute favorite thing right now is chalk. @ASmallWonder‌ which trampoline do you have? I want to get M one of the little ones she can use inside, but I can't decide which one to get.
    The ILs bought it for Aiden a few years ago and I think it's the Alex Little Jumper or something.  I have mixed feelings on it.  It's not very bouncy and for this age, that's probably good thing but then I think it gets a little "meh" for them.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"