March 2014 Moms
Options

MOTN monitor

Sanibel21Sanibel21 member
edited September 2014 in March 2014 Moms
I have been hearing every little thing over our monitor overnight even at the lowest setting and the light of it is bothering me even on the lowest setting too. Even when LO is sleeping I seem to still be awake an awful lot. So I was just wondering what ya'll are doing with monitors and overnight.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

MOTN monitor 112 votes

highest settings
11% 13 votes
middle settings
23% 26 votes
lowest settings
33% 38 votes
what monitor?
18% 21 votes
ss
12% 14 votes

Re: MOTN monitor

• Options
    We have ours on the lowest setting. I also keep it on the mattress between our pillows and turn it face down so the speaker and the light are muted, and we have a fan going that helps too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Don't have one, for this reason among several
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We keep it on the lowest setting and ours goes into sleep mode and the screen turns off until Eli makes noise at a certain level and the screen comes on along with us hearing the noise.
    Married 11/23/11, TTC starting 10/12, BFP#1 11/30/12, Adoption of stepson finalized 03/19/13,Loss of our daughter at 20w4d due to incompetent cervix 03/27/13, BFP#2 06/28/13, DS2 born 3/1/14.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have a video monitor, but we keep the sound off.  The display comes on if he makes noise and I can usually hear it when it comes on.  Kind of weird? 
  • Options
    We have a fosscam and a downloaded app on our phones. It has background monitoring so it only alerts us if there's a loud enough noise.
    Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
    Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

We have the BRU video monitor that we keep at the lowest setting.  the video part can be turned on and off, which is nice.  I do have to keep a fan running to help block out some of the white noise from the monitor.  Over all I love mine.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have ours on the lowest volume and sleep with doors closed or open a crack. The screen can be turned on and off so at night, I just turn the picture off and face the monitor toward the wall so the light doesn't bother me.
    TTC since December 2011
    Me: 29 ovulatory disorder
    DH: 30 MFI - low everything

IUI #1: 11/5/12 BFN
    December IUI cancelled due to cyst
    IUI #2: 1/8/13 BFN

IVF in April 2013 transferred one beautiful blast on 4/13
    Beta #1 4/22: BFP!! 33 Beta #2 54 Beta #3 70 Beta #4 83 Beta #5 105. Possible ectopic, MTX and M/C 5w4d

FET 6/21 - Beta #1: 79 BFP!! Beta #2: 253 U/S 7/12: saw the sac! U/S #2 7/19 great heartbeat of 127!! U/S #3 heartbeat of 154! U/S #4 graduated to OB

EDD 3/9/14

imageimage

• Options
    We haven't moved him out of our room yet. We'll start the crib transition next month after he's fully recovered from his procedure.
  • Options
    LO is stillllllllll in our room. :(
    No need for a monitor at night.

DS1 is across the hall/other end of house (30 feet away separated by 2 closed doors). We stopped using the monitor in his room around 8 months or so.
    I can hear him if he wakes up.
    He doesn't usually wake up anymore, and he woke up at 4am when I got up for work when he was 9 months, so no monitor needed then.
    Buuuuut, I kept it on lowest volume when we DID use it.
    (No video)
  • Options
    LOs crib is in my room.. Or my bed is in her room. Whichever haha

• Options
    edited September 2014
    We have an Angelcare movement+sound+video monitor. It has a sound threshold before the sound will turn on (so you don't hear every little movement or sound in the room). I have that set at about 50%, I think? I have the volume turned up all the way usually.

I wish I could use the movement pad, and if I could I'd probably turn the volume down more, but LO likes to roll all around and particularly to snuggle herself far into the corners of her crib. This has led to false alarms in the MOTN which wake ALL of us up, which is not fun. I finally ended up turning the pad off, and only turning it on briefly to check on her for reassurance if I feel the urge.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    jennybean80jennybean80 member
    edited September 2014
    They're still in our room, but we're planning on making the move to their room tonight. I might be a sappy mess thinking about it. We'll have to experiment with the monitor, and I'm sure I'll be up staring at it at least half the night...

ETA the right 'their'
  • Options
    I put special snowflake because ours is always on sound activation setting so it only comes on when the baby makes a noise (or something in the room makes a noise). It's nice because I don't hear anything unless I need to and the video is off until the baby makes noise.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I keep mine high but I sleep like a log. I often sleep through it. :-S
  • Options
    babylimas said:

I keep mine high but I sleep like a log. I often sleep through it. :-S

With DD my H had to wake me when she would wake up screaming.
    She slept in a Moses basket on my side of the bed, literally 2 feet from me. I never heard a thing... X_X
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"