Working Moms

have you MC'd or started a large meeting?

You know, the first person up there to set the tone for a day or 2 days of talks, trainings, etc.....that's gonna be me and i'm somewhat terrified. 

Some people have a cool start to these kids of things with an inspirational video clip or funny story. I don't have that but do you have any ideas for something like it? Maybe something teamworky but not overdone. I don't want to get up there and just drive right into the content. 

Maybe like a cool, SHORT clip or funny thing to wake people up. I don't want be hokey but i want to perk up the mood. 

Thoughts? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: have you MC'd or started a large meeting?

• What's the purpose/theme of this meeting?
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I work in an environment that is all business all the time - there are no clips and jokes are one liners.  So when I kick off things like that, it's straight into the "glad you are here, taking the time, great to see you, here's the purpose and agenda let's get to it".  Did you google for ideas?
  • Loading the player...
  • Like PP said, it might be helpful to let us know the purpose of the meeting or what you are going to be talking about. 

This video might be longer than what you want---or a bit corny for you but I have used this for something in the past to kick off a retreat that was intended to motivate my staff. 

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Hi- Just getting back to this. Internal group of researchers. Not really nerds but more like docs/nurses. Haven't google'd yet. 
  • jc&cat said:
    Hi- Just getting back to this. Internal group of researchers. Not really nerds but more like docs/nurses. Haven't google'd yet. 
    i mean the nerd thing with much love so hope that was not offensive. i consider myself a science nerd/geek :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"