December 2013 Moms
Options

Share you favorite healthy recipe

So fall is on it's way and with the cooler weather comes the craving for comfort food.... At least for me it does. But both DH and I need to loose weight.
I've also seen quite a few people talking about weightloss on the board lately. I'm not sure if this is covered in the healthy eating check in... So I'm sorry if I'm doubling up. I thought now might be a good time to share some of our favorite healthy recipes and snack ideas.

Re: Share you favorite healthy recipe

• Options
    My favorite is the chicken cordon bleu
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love the skinnytaste website too. It's nice to hear peoples favorites.
    I love the Kenyan Braised Collard greens and beef. I substitute kale for the collards though. It's super easy and quick.
  • Options
    I second Skinny Taste. I don't think we've had anything we didn't like. Recent fav is the three cheese zucchini lasagna rolls. We also do one of the various crock pot chicken recipes pretty much every week. It makes a lot, so you can have leftovers for a couple of days and vary it with sides etc.
  • Options
    The skinnytaste spinach lasagna rolls are one of my favorites.  They're pretty easy and freeze really well.  When I have time to make something more involved, her Thai chicken and pineapple stir fry is excellent.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just made this last night and it was amazing and soooo easy. It is 6g of fat per serving which isn't too bad. I served it with steamed veggies too

https://www.topsecretrecipes.com/Red-Lobster-Nantucket-Baked-Cod-Copycat-Recipe.html

• Options
    Ooh. I'm making our menu/grocery list today. I should look at skinny taste.
  • Options
    I love skinnytaste! My fav on there is cheeseburger casserole. I also love emilybites. That one I find the ingredients are a bit easier to find in a store which I prefer. Never had a bad recipe from her. My fav is buffalo chicken quinoa bake.

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

image image

• Options
    I just made the mini turkey meatloaf recipe for lunch. Fantastic!
  • Options
    Skinny taste has a baked eggplant stuffed with spinach and ricotta with marinara sauce that is amazing. Also love their slow cooked jerk pork with mango salsa!
  • Options
    sweett11 said:

Quinoa enchilada bake

Cook 1 cup quinoa according to package. In a bowl combine cooked quinoa, can of enchilada sauce, can of black beans, 1cup of corn, 1 cut up avocado. Put into a non stick casserole dish and top with 2% milk Mexican cheese. Bake at 350º until cheese is melty

I made this and found that I only like it fresh. I threw away so much of it :(
  • Options
    The Skinnytaste chicken cacciatore was delicious.  I froze a couple of extra batches so I can just dump it in the crockpot. 

I love this spaghetti squash casserole: https://dandydishes.blogspot.com/2011/10/spaghetti-squash-au-gratin.html#.VCMKqBaGdsI

So. Good. 

Married 8/2012
    DS born 12/2013 @ 41w2d
    BFP #2 EDD 10/2015

• Options
    This is my go-to:

Cooked sweet potato
    Black bean veggie burger
    Low fat cheddar cheese-optional
    Fat free sour cream-optional
    Avocado, diced
    Cumin, just a pinch

Bake the sweet potato, cook the black bean burger according to the directions. When both are ready, scoop out the potato flesh and smush the burger in with it and add the cumin. Return to potato shell and top with the avocado and optional cheeses.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"