December 2013 Moms

Rock n Play

I can't believe I am going to admit this but whatever here it goes.

My 9 month old is still sleeping in her rock n play.  I feel like crap about it but she hates her crib.  I think she likes how the rock n play snuggles her sides.  Oh and that darn bunny head.  She rubs its ears and pets it.  I have tried to elevate the matress and give her other things to love on but it doesnt work.  I have also taken out the insert part and put it in the crib with her and that didn't work either.  Maybe I just don't give her enough time to transition.  I have googled every variation of "my baby still sleeps in her rock n play, my 9 month old still sleeps in her rock n play".   

Any other tips? Anyone else having this problem or am I the only one?

Never using this thing again lol

BabyFetus Ticker
Baby GIRL due 12/26

Re: Rock n Play

• We had to transition LO from the RnP to the crib not too long ago (about the end of June). I put the rolled blanket underneath the crib sheet in a u shape and laid her in the middle. It worked and about 2 weeks later we were able to remove the blanket. I hope you can get her out of the RnP asap. Remember it's for her safety.

Displaying photo.JPGDisplaying photo.JPG
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You gotta do it now. It will only get harder to move her. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • lollipoppooplollipoppoop member
    edited September 2014
    lol thanks guys I will try all that!!.  I got laid off from my job as of 30 Sept so this is def my top priority and no sleep will not be an issue.  Thankfully she is only 18 lbs so we havnt come on the weight limit but I am scared its going to mess up her hips or something. 
     BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby GIRL due 12/26
  • This could of so been me. My LO loved it so much, but she kept trying to turn over and sat all the way up.
  • We has a tough time with the transition too. Like the others said, it took a few tough nights. My LO loved that his feet were elevated in the RNP so I got into this weird habit after I'd put him in the crib to lean over and have my arms under his legs and then he'd fall asleep. I'd then super gently lay his legs down. I know the books say it's best to let them fall asleep on their own but we did this for a little while until the crib got easier. I also spent a night or two sleeping on his floor and each time he woke up, I held his hand and he'd fall back asleep. He also loved playing with the bunny ears and it helped him sleep- maybe this had a similar affect. At that point I was thinking whatever works!!
  • Have you tried letting her fall asleep in the rock n play then moving her to the crib after 30 mins or so? I did this until about a month ago. He would fall asleep in the swing or rock n play and I'd just carry him to his crib. He was so sleepy he barely noticed the transition and it helped him get used to sleeping in the crib (he's a belly sleeper). Now he goes straight to sleep in the crib for naps AND bedtime.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• wmarley said:
    Have you tried letting her fall asleep in the rock n play then moving her to the crib after 30 mins or so? I did this until about a month ago. He would fall asleep in the swing or rock n play and I'd just carry him to his crib. He was so sleepy he barely noticed the transition and it helped him get used to sleeping in the crib (he's a belly sleeper). Now he goes straight to sleep in the crib for naps AND bedtime.
    Yes this is what I am doing now. Last night was rough but we did it. We both took a three hour nap this afternoon lol Gearing up for round two she just fell asleep in the rock n play and I'm about to move her over
     BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby GIRL due 12/26
  • lol thanks guys I will try all that!!.  I got laid off from my job as of 30 Sept so this is def my top priority and no sleep will not be an issue.  Thankfully she is only 18 lbs so we havnt come on the weight limit but I am scared its going to mess up her hips or something. 
    We had a hard time getting O out of the stupid RnP as well, so I feel you. I am not trying to come down on you at all, but at 9 months, the weight restrictions aren't the concern, trying to roll over or sit up while strapped in and taking the whole the RnP with them is. At that age they are way too strong to be safe in it. 

What finally worked for us was getting him asleep (nursing typically) and then putting him down on his tummy. I know you aren't supposed to do it before a year, but the little booger would just flip anyway but get himself too worked up to sleep in the process. Good luck, I just kept telling myself he wouldn't take a RnP to college with him.
  • When we transitioned Kate she hated having her legs flat. So for a week I had a towel folded up under her legs. Good luck it took us about a week to transition and we also always nursed until she was fully asleep before laying her down.
  • Thanks guys!! I'm happy to say we haven't used it since I made the post. It hasn't been easy but it's getting better!! I'm glad I posted here. The rock n play is now in storage and will be sold in our yard sale
     BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby GIRL due 12/26
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"